Question FPS drop after switching monitor from 4k to 2k

epdragon97

Prominent
Apr 8, 2022
I have a problem when playing 2017 prey, I have a 3060 ti and a ryzen 3600xt. Before when I was playing on a 4k screen I went to perfect 60fps, now with this new screen with asus tuf gaming VG27AQ 2k hdr g-sync 144hz but I put it at 60hz since I can't reach the maximum with this configuration, it drops me at 55 -58 fps sometimes and it bothers me a lot, can you tell me what kind of problem it is?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing the make and model of your motherboard? A side note would be to also check and see what your BIOS version is for said motherboard. Might want to see if reinstalling you GPU drivers with the latest revision helps. You're advised to use DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers, then with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia, install said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

epdragon97

Prominent
Apr 8, 2022
Msi Mpg B550 Gaming Plus Atx, I already have the latest drivers installed, but this annoyance is due to the fact that I changed my monitor and I did not understand why it gives me this problem as I used to play in 4K and it was fine