Question fps drop while mouse is moving

Anonymous_Unknown

Commendable
Apr 30, 2020
My fps drops insanely when ever i move my mouse, it can drop from 200-300 fps to 10-20 or the game can freeze for a couple seconds here is my specs:

RTX 2070 SUPER
I7 9700K
SAMSUNG EVO PLUS 970
MOUSE: RAZER MAMBA WIRELESS @ 1000 POLLING RATE

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried reinstalling the mouse drivers?

Battery properly charged and/or charging?

Have you tried another known working mouse? Or tried you Razer Mamba on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with the computer.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while gaming and watch what happens when the mouse is moved.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent ( % ), and what is using the resource. Especially when the mouse moves.

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

RAM configuration: Modules, capacity and slots?

Anonymous_Unknown

Commendable
Apr 30, 2020
Have you tried reinstalling the mouse drivers?

Battery properly charged and/or charging?

Have you tried another known working mouse? Or tried you Razer Mamba on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with the computer.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while gaming and watch what happens when the mouse is moved.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent ( % ), and what is using the resource. Especially when the mouse moves.

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

RAM configuration: Modules, capacity and slots?

i just tried with a weird mouse and that didnt help at all, and ive used msi afterburner to see the cpu and gpu temp and usage the gpu temp havent gone over 70c also usage havent gone more than 80
about the cpu, the temp wasnt that high and the usage of each core havent gone more than 90% usage

about the ram, i have 32 gb (16x2) @ 3600 mhz G skill triden Z

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

GPU, PSU, etc.. Make and model information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy gaming use?

What game(s) are affected?

Did you try reinstalling the mouse drivers?

You can also try the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also "sfc /scannow" and "dism" may fix some file corruption problem.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

In Resource Monitor focus on the CPU and the "Description" column and the Average CPU. (Remember you can click those very small arrows the column headers to do some sorting in the presentation.

Likewise in Task Manager look at the processes that are running. You can click the CPU column header there as will to sort %'s

Objective is to determine if something "mouse" related is consuming the CPU resource. Or possibly something else that is running and causing a conflict.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I’ve had this problem with wireless mouse and wireless controllers. It usually happened to me when the batteries were low or the wireless signal was weak. Can you try using a wired mouse to see if the problem remains present?

Anonymous_Unknown

Commendable
Apr 30, 2020
Nah pc works fine, sometimes
Ok. What about outside of games? Are there any problems on the desktop or say when browsing the internet or using word?
Nah my pc works fine, sometimes when I click the start button at the bottom left it doesn't really open the thing it has to open you know? Or maybe sometimes function keys like F7 or F5 aren't doing any affect or even, when I close Windows settings, applications at task bar aren't clickable but all these issues are not the case right now, I ain't talking about them I am talking about the fps drop that I'm having. Also, I don't think that these issues have to do something with the fps drop. But I don't know maybe they're. What do you think?