Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2020
Hey! I recently bought my gaming laptop, it’s a HP pavilion gaming laptop, with a gtx 1050 and a ryzen 5 amd, I have tried everything, I tried to fix my FPS door but I can’t, I don’t know what to do anymore and it’s super frustrating, my frames keep dropping from 70 to 12 then back up to 100 then 12 then 150 then 13, idk what to do anymore, can someone please help?!

What are all the things you have already tried? Knowing what you have done already, could be useful in order not to repeat any suggestions you already eleminated as possible causes.

Since you mention it is a laptop, and you mention periodical drops in FPS, one likely suspect is heat, and possible thermal throttling caused by critically high temperatures.

Have you tried monitoring the CPU ang GPU temperatures while gaming, and see if they can be linked with the frame drops?

EDIT :

With regards to your second post, do you not experience any FPS drops when connected to an external power source - only when on battery?

Apr 18, 2020
yes I have, the temp have stayed around 50-70, no that bad, I updated all my drivers, optimized the drivers, the games and made everything high performance, also my power options on high performance, I even went into registry editor and changed values and stuff, I don’t know what to do anymore and I’m very frustrate, algo tienes all notification off and stuff

1. Download DDU display driver uninstaller (latest version) and put to your desktop
  2. From here : https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...0000-laptop-pc-series/29322788/model/30012797
Under graphics download these 2 drivers and put to your desktop:
-NVIDIA Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1909)
-AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver - Picasso (Windows 10 v1909)

1. when these files are on your desktop boot into Safe mode (google how to boot into safe mode windows 10)
  2. When your in windows 10 disable your wifi and plug off network card (use phone to read this thread)
  3. Extract and open DDU in safe mode, select GPU and then Select AMD, then press (recommended clean and restart option) it will take few seconds and your laptop will reboot. Dont still plugin internet. Restart again to Safe mode.
  4. In safe mode open DDU again now select GPU then NVIDIA, do the same thing clean and restart.
  5. now boot into normal windows and still while keeping internet offline install first NVIDIA drivers from your desktop, if it asks to reboot just do it, then install amd drivers and reboot.
  6. after reboot you can plugin internet cable again, redo "high performance mode" in power options and nvidia control panel under 3d settings and global settings set "high performance" in power management, apply.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020
  1. Download DDU display driver uninstaller (latest version) and put to your desktop
  2. From here : https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...0000-laptop-pc-series/29322788/model/30012797

1. when these files are on your desktop boot into Safe mode (google how to boot into safe mode windows 10)
  2. When your in windows 10 disable your wifi and plug off network card (use phone to read this thread)
  3. Extract and open DDU in safe mode, select GPU and then Select AMD, then press (recommended clean and restart option) it will take few seconds and your laptop will reboot. Dont still plugin internet. Restart again to Safe mode.
  4. In safe mode open DDU again now select GPU then Intel, do the same thing clean and restart.
  5. now boot into normal windows and still while keeping internet offline install first intel drivers from your desktop, if it asks to reboot just do it, then install amd drivers and reboot.
  6. after reboot you can plugin internet cable again, redo "high performance mode" in power options and nvidia control panel under 3d settings and global settings set "high performance" in power management, apply.
On it rn! But idk what drivers to download :/ it’s confusing

Apr 18, 2020

4. In safe mode open DDU again now select GPU then Intel, do the same thing clean and restart.
  5. now boot into normal windows and still while keeping internet offline install first intel drivers from your desktop, if it asks to reboot just do it, then install amd drivers and reboot.
They are 2 different versions, of each, idk what to download

Apr 18, 2020

Download the v1909 ones
nome of them say that

Apr 18, 2020

But I don’t have “Intel” I have a gtx GEFORce and a Vega 8 Mobile Gfx, anf a GEFORce gtx 1050

Apr 18, 2020

Just saying don’t you think it’s better to get the drivers form the actual site? These are outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.