Question Fps Dropped to 15-20/CPU at half speed while gaming

Dec 5, 2022
PC running very slow while multitasking/gaming all of a sudden. Please help!

Specs:
I7 9700k CPU
Nvidia 2070 Super GPU
32 GB Ram

I recently had an issue occur where I logged back into my pc after sleep mode and lost Ethernet connection. In control panel this was the error stated: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) 1219. I had internet and i did the common solutions
  1. Unplugged both sides on ethernet cord and reset the modem/router.
  2. Restarted PC
  3. Tried to reinstall all drivers related but was getting an error
Eventually the computer randomly shut down and when i powered it back on the Ethernet issue was resolved.

I went to play some games and was receiving very slow inputs from windows and extremely low fps in games. I had all graphics settings set to the lowest minimum settings and only received 12-20fps (was getting 140-240 while multitasking prior).

1. GPU was normal temp and usage was 10% due to the settings being on low
  2. CPU was not high in temp but the speed was 1.2GHz while the base speed is 3.6GHz
  3. Reset entire PC and continued to have the issue

Are these issues related? Can anyone help? I’d also like to mention while having the fps issue in game i was not multitasking only the game was running at the time.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model. How are you cooling that processor?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Dec 5, 2022
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model. How are you cooling that processor?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
Sorry i don’t know all of this information as i am a novice with pc parts. The parts i do know are as followed.
CPU -I7 9700K Corsair AIO Cooled
GPU - Nvidia 2070 Super Zotac
Ram - 32GB G Skill
SSD - Westinghouse nvme 500gb and 1tb SSD (OS is on nvme)
OS - Windows 11
PSU - Unknown / pc is two years old bought as prebuild
Monitor - AW240

i hope this answers most of your questions. Sorry for not knowing more!