Question FPS DROPS after updating BIOS

Jun 8, 2023
i updated my bios and the games like valorant suddenly started dropping fps like crazy
used to get around 350 to 500 and dropped to 250 not below 240
but they are dropping to 120 between fights and everything and the not more than 300

specs that i have :(MOBO) MSI B550 Tomahawk
(GPU) 3070 Founder Edition
(Proc) Ryzen 5 5600x
(PSU) CORSAIR CV650
(RAM) 32 GB G.Skillz 3200 Mhz
also i've had multiple issues like textures not loading prior to updating my bios in games like Apex Legends,FIFA 23 where it would be miserable and the textures would take 5 seconds to load while i was maintaining fps like 144 or 240 and the textures would be awful and the game would freeze until the textures won't load or crash or comes the BSOD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully?

PSU) CORSAIR CV650
+
I wish you didn't air that PSU with that GPU. You don't exactly have a budget computer so your PSU should be one that's reliably built and with a little more power.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Could be new sever side game restrictions?

not sure if the server can restrict fps client side though or even if it work that way?

but some else might know more.

D

Deleted member 2947362

i updated my bios and the games like valorant suddenly started dropping fps like crazy
used to get around 350 to 500 and dropped to 250 not below 240
but they are dropping to 120 between fights and everything and the not more than 300

specs that i have :(MOBO) MSI B550 Tomahawk
(Proc) Ryzen 5 5600x
(PSU) CORSAIR CV650
(RAM) 32 GB G.Skillz 3200 Mhz
also i've had multiple issues like textures not loading prior to updating my bios in games like Apex Legends,FIFA 23 where it would be miserable and the textures would take 5 seconds to load while i was maintaining fps like 144 or 240 and the textures would be awful and the game would freeze until the textures won't load or crash or comes the BSOD
You could try and just check temp's of CPU and GPU see if everything is normal there look through bios make sure setting are all as they where before the BIOS update like Ram speed and anything else that may of changed.

Jun 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully?

PSU) CORSAIR CV650
+
I wish you didn't air that PSU with that GPU. You don't exactly have a budget computer so your PSU should be one that's reliably built and with a little more power.
hi ,no i do not know how to clear CMOS after updating BIOS
edit : Resetting CMOS seems to have did the job ..... in valorant but it's still the same Rendering Problem in Games like Apex Legends

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023
You could try and just check temp's of CPU and GPU see if everything is normal there look through bios make sure setting are all as they where before the BIOS update like Ram speed and anything else that may of changed.
my temps have been normal and i've checked memory clock speeds and everything seems to be fine