Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
A month ago rdr would run on medium-high settings with 60 fps with no frame drops, then after i got a new pc case with 4 built in coolers I've started experiencing fps drops to 40fps with the same settings. I tried to lower the settings but same outcome, then me and my friend thought that the reason is the Power Supply which has 700 W and maybe because of the coolers the graphics card doesn't get enough power. Again all the frame drops started only after i got a new pc case, no other changes have been done.
My specs:
GPU: Nvidia gigabyte rtx 2060 super gaming oc
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600k
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
My new case: Aerocool Aero One Mini Frost-G-BK-v1

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
See that the date of the bios is from ,
BIOS Date20191226

there are more recent ones, maybe flash to the latest and see if it helps. Also do a fresh install of the latest gpu drivers.

Don't see how the case should influence that unless heat is an issue.

GPU max: 66C
CPU max: 60C
this looks fine to me.

Also if you suspect psu do tell what psu you have, =maker+model+wattage.

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
See that the date of the bios is from ,
BIOS Date20191226

there are more recent ones, maybe flash to the latest and see if it helps. Also do a fresh install of the latest gpu drivers.

Don't see how the case should influence that unless heat is an issue.

this looks fine to me.

Also if you suspect psu do tell what psu you have, =maker+model+wattage.
PSU XILENCE XP700R7, 700W

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
That suggests it’s the game itself. You could try reinstalling it. Just to rule it out, this is not a cracked version of the game?
No, it's official version from Rockstar Launcher. I will try to reinstall it. I think mb it's because last update. Maybe they(rockstar) did something if Antonio77 said that have the same problem.

Dec 6, 2020
yes man, before the update I had no problem, so i hope that’s it
Hey! same for me, before the update I even had Highest graphich settings and no FPS drops, after this update of 1/December/2020 I am facing this same issue. And I even decress the graphich settings, same issue. So, definitely something happens with this update. Btw, the game just crashed hahaha.... 💩

Last edited:

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
I reinstalled the game. I set higher settings and now the game works at a stable amount of 60 fps, but i will play for a whole day and let you know if the issue is still present.

Last edited:
Reactions: geova26 and Vic 40

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
Hey! same for me, before the update I even had Highest graphich settings and no FPS drops, after this update of 1/December/2020 I am facing this same issue. And I even decress the graphich settings, same issue. So, definitely something happens with this update. Btw, the game just crashed hahaha.... 💩
Joke is that rockstar in patch note wrote that they increased the performance)

Dec 6, 2020
I reinstalled the game. I set higher settings and now the game works at a stable amount of 60 fps, but i will play for a whole day and let you know if the issue is still present.
Thanks! I will do that too. Keep us updated.

Updating: I reinstalled the game, but same issue fro me :/

Last edited:

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
I have no notice this. FPS did go down on my pc but I turn off xmp to do some undervolt testing. The xmp tends to have the big impact on rdr2 for me. Maybe I have something diffrent in settings but it pretty high.