Question FPS drops -- why?

SAUMITRA_1

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Looking or running at certain direction when playing gpu usage rises to 99% and then fps drops. otherwise normal. any solution?

i5 6th gen
zotac 1050oc 2gb
8gb ddr4 ram

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a ram bottleneck rather than gpu. Gpu usage 99% is optimal which means your graphics card is running at full potential. If your drop quality settings and you face the same issue then you should look at cpu or ram. For gaming you should consider a 2x 8gb dual kit.
Also which i5 exactly and which game? It could also be a cpu bottleneck (depending on the game) but from my experience your ram is not able to handle the traffic or is simply maxing out it's usage and the pagefile is hindering your performance

SAUMITRA_1

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
This looks like a ram bottleneck rather than gpu. Gpu usage 99% is optimal which means your graphics card is running at full potential. If your drop quality settings and you face the same issue then you should look at cpu or ram. For gaming you should consider a 2x 8gb dual kit.
Also which i5 exactly and which game? It could also be a cpu bottleneck (depending on the game) but from my experience your ram is not able to handle the traffic or is simply maxing out it's usage and the pagefile is hindering your performance
No i have seen the graphs cpu or ram are acting normal. I am playing dark souls 3. According to the graph when gpu usage is below 90 everything works fine. Get 60fps. But looking at certain direction gpu usage rises to 99% and starts to lag. Get around 35-40fps. When I play on low settings everything works fine. Cpu is I5 6502 i guess.