Just got a new pc. Specs are
Motherboard: z690 force
Cpu-intel 12900k
Gpu-nvidia 3090
Psu-1200w platinum
Cooling-custom water cooling for cpu and gpu
Case- Corsair 7000x
Ram-Corsair dominator 4800mhz ddr5

For the first 1-2 hours I average between 200-240fps on warzone. After a couple hours everything starts to drop to 150-160 fps. I was playing on a 1080p monitor and just bought a 1440p 2721d Alienware monitor (haven’t tried it yet as I just got it today). This is my first pc and I know it’s overkill for 99.9% of games but I make ok money and this is my big hobby at this time and wanted to do it right. Temps seems to check out good gpu (45°) and cpu (70°). My question is why would this drop so much after only a couple hours of playing a game like warzone. I understand some fps drops but my system should be able to handle most of it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Solution
Run HWmonitor or such.
Look at temperatures.
Issues over time are often heat related.

With liquid cooling it may take quite a while for the store of fluid to heat up. I imagine a custom cooling setup would have a larger than normal amount of fluid. 1-2 hours seems about that time.
If you see any cores reach 100c, that means that the cpu has throttled a bit.

What is the make model of your case, and what are the fan and cooling arrangements?
Liquid cooling is particularly needy of good case airflow.
Poor air circulation, seems to be your issue.

That's a big graphics card making a hot of heat, Once your case becomes saturated with warm\hot air then the fans are blowing warm air on your card that just isn't as effective for obvious reasons.

Ultimately your cooling is not sufficient. Fix it.

The other reason cou!d be the CPU isn't boosting all the way up. I guess that really only would apply if you have air cooling.

Take the side off of your case to see if the problem remains.

Poor air circulation, seems to be your issue.

That's a big graphics card making a hot of heat, Once your case becomes saturated with warm\hot air then the fans are blowing warm air on your card that just isn't as effective for obvious reasons.

Ultimately your cooling is not sufficient. Fix it.

The other reason cou!d be the CPU isn't boosting all the way up. I guess that really only would apply if you have air cooling.

Take the side off of your case to see if the problem remains.
He clearly said he has water-cooling for both.
Cooling-custom water cooling for cpu and gpu

Reactions: jnxzi94

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I have to say that Warzone has really bad issues when it comes to performance. Even their servers are freezing and laggy very often. It needs a lot of fixes which most likely won't be coming, probably never. Does your CPU stay under 80 C whilst gaming? Have you switched to "High Performance / Ultimate Performance" power plan? Is your CPU running at correct clock speed and does your RAM have XMP enabled?

Run HWmonitor or such.
Look at temperatures.
Issues over time are often heat related.

With liquid cooling it may take quite a while for the store of fluid to heat up. I imagine a custom cooling setup would have a larger than normal amount of fluid. 1-2 hours seems about that time.
If you see any cores reach 100c, that means that the cpu has throttled a bit.

What is the make model of your case, and what are the fan and cooling arrangements?
Liquid cooling is particularly needy of good case airflow.

Solution
Mar 14, 2022
im having similar problems i dont thinks its anything hardware, I run a 9900k with a 3080. everything is air-cooled. I can run 200-250 fps on rebirth, after 2 hours or so fps drops 30-40 fps. only thing that works to fix it is resetting pc, after that fps go back to normal.

He clearly said he has water-cooling for both.

Well despite my ignorance it seems likely that Iaam on the right path.
After a few hours the liquid getswarm and becomes far less effective.
For the same reason warm case air limits
Its possible the resivoir need to be bigger or two separate loopsare needed
Or the radiators are not sufficient or the pump needs to be turned up to move the coolant more quickly.

12900 and 3090 is a pretty hairy setup to water cool.

Last edited:
Well despite my ignorance it seems likely that Iaam on the right path.
After a few hours the liquid getswarm and becomes far less effective.
For the same reason warm case air limits
Its possible the resivoir need to be bigger or two separate loopsare needed
Or the radiators are not sufficient or the pump needs to be turned up to move the coolant more quickly.

12900 and 3090 is a pretty hairy setup to water cool.
Well the base of thought is right and I agree but OP also mentioned his temps which are very good. He did not say if it's after the 2 hours mark but he has not even responded again in this thread. Till he replies (probably never) we can only ASSUME.

TRENDING THREADS