FPS Is fantastic, once or twice a year..

THWCollege

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
So my computer has always been kinda strange, decent specs but never runs any game worth a darn. But I've had this situation where maybe 2 or 3 days out of the year my FPS skyrockets, and I mean to a fairly awesome level, I've never found any answer to why my computer does this and it's really upsetting, since I want this framerate always, not just bi-annually. So on average (in a game called Blade and Soul) I get 20fps running around the world, 20fps in combat, 30fps in a solo dungeon if I'm standing still, around 1 or 2 fps in 24man dungeons with characters turned off. I've learned to live with it. However, yesterday I logged on and noticed the game was running really smoothly after I teleported to go do a quest, I turned on the fps meter and I was at 60, no drops. I turned off my vsync just for fun to see what would happen and it went to 90 and hovered between 82 and 97 and didn't drop below 75, but i turned vsync back on for the smooth fps and it stuck all day, throughout multiple client restarts as well, and behold, when I logged on this morning my fps is back to 27, wont go higher, I don't even feel like playing today because it's too depressing after I've seen how great the game is at 60fps ._. can someone tell me why my computer is capable of 60 fps but only does it like 3 or 4 times a year? it makes no sense!

Specs (1.5 year old budget build, don't hate)
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 x4 BE
GPU: GeForce 750ti PSU: Corsair CX750W
Mobo: MSI 970A-G46 AM3+R
6 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Horribly Slow Hard Drive.
Also running windows 7 proffessional and no overclocks, decent temperatures throughout and only using 50-60% of cpu at a time. All of my gpu drivers are up to date.

Here is a picture of my temperatures
http://imgur.com/zM9OHh1
(The temps and stats are WITH THE GAME RUNNING)