Jul 30, 2021
I'm not sure what has caused this but I recently got a hold of a 3080ti and started to play cyberpunk. I am playing on ultra and was getting about 100fps but for some reason I am now only getting around 60 and I don't believe I have changed anything to cause this.

Specs:

i7 10700k overclocked to 5GHZ
MSI Gaming trio 3080ti
Hydro Series H115I pro 280mm cpu cooler
EVGA gq 750w 80 plus gold
ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
Corsair Vengeance RAM 3600

Solution
Yeah I've done the usual stuff with the drivers etc. I have a gigabyte g27q 144hz, yeah I have heard it could be a power issue I just bought the recommended PSU without doing enough research which was pretty stupid of me.

Ah, look, we all make mistakes. Certainly not stupid. You chose a pretty decent PSU, which ordinarily would be fine for any mid level gaming system. Quality PSU. No doubts. Just the 3xxx series plays havoc with even decent PSU's like yours. Something to learn from. I've done it myself.
Hey there,

Have you tried all the usual stuff. Take off any OC's, test again. Uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers. All system drivers up to date?

Have you set v-sync on? What monitor do you have?

Although your PSU is pretty decent (I have the 650w model running flawlessly for 5 years now.) running with a RTX3080ti might cause issues. The super fast frequency switches and power draw for RTX3xxx series causes issues with many good PSUs.

Jul 30, 2021
Yeah I've done the usual stuff with the drivers etc. I have a gigabyte g27q 144hz, yeah I have heard it could be a power issue I just bought the recommended PSU without doing enough research which was pretty stupid of me.

Ah, look, we all make mistakes. Certainly not stupid. You chose a pretty decent PSU, which ordinarily would be fine for any mid level gaming system. Quality PSU. No doubts. Just the 3xxx series plays havoc with even decent PSU's like yours. Something to learn from. I've done it myself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS