MiltyDK

Reputable
May 2, 2020
I've had a Gigabyte G5 Gaming Laptop for about 2 years now and it used to work pretty well for most of the games that I wanted to play when I got it but a while back now it's had problems with pretty much any somewhat demanding games and even those that weren't hard to run previously. The issue that I've been having is with most games that it happens in I'll be playing it fine for about a couple minutes perfectly fine and then suddenly it will just start dropping frames every other second , so it will be how the game should be running and then a second later it will drop for a good second and then go back up to where it should be and repeat the process thoughout the entire session. I posted about this problem a few months ago on here and I had thought that I fixed it by having my laptop on a elevated stand that I got to hopefully fix this issue because it seemed like it could be a temperature/airflow issue and I had thought it worked but I guess it didn't for very long because it's back to doing it and has been almost ever since I fixed it. So I don't think that what I did really fixed it somehow which makes me think it's something else maybe even some kind of hardware issue but I'm really not sure.

I've pretty much done everything that you would think would possibly fix the issue I've updated all my drivers, looks at temperatures in a ton of different situations and games, checking my performance through software, even reset my Laptop, and also opened it up and cleaned whatever dust was in there. But after all of those things it still seems to do it and almost feels like a new game everyday that I didn't know about including pretty much all my VR as well which never used to have problems in the past. I can also maybe try to get a video of it happening if that would help get answers on how to fix this so just let me know. Thanks for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
I've pretty much done everything that you would think would possibly fix the issue I've updated all my drivers, looks at temperatures in a ton of different situations and games, checking my performance through software, even reset my Laptop, and also opened it up and cleaned whatever dust was in there.
Did you check to see if the BIOS on the laptop is pending an update? As for your laptop's GPU drivers, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform prior to manually reinstalling the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Which OS did the laptop come shipped with? Windows 10 or 11?

MiltyDK

Reputable
May 2, 2020
I've pretty much done everything that you would think would possibly fix the issue I've updated all my drivers, looks at temperatures in a ton of different situations and games, checking my performance through software, even reset my Laptop, and also opened it up and cleaned whatever dust was in there.
Did you check to see if the BIOS on the laptop is pending an update? As for your laptop's GPU drivers, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform prior to manually reinstalling the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Which OS did the laptop come shipped with? Windows 10 or 11?
I haven't done much in terms of updating the BIOS and I just used DDU to uninstall my older GPU drivers but that didn't really seem to work from what I can tell or maybe a tiny bit but I'm not completely sure and it still definitely has the issue. I'm not sure how to update my bios from trying to look into it and it came with Windows 10 Installed and still currently has the latest update of Windows 10 on it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS