• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question FPS Stutter (frametime spikes) PLEASE HELP!

Mar 30, 2020
My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Freddolam/saved/Jjz7XL
I get frame time spikes which cause FPS stutters in many games. GTA is one of the few games I don't have this problem. Deceit, Fortnite, League of Legends, Rust, UEBS, and many more have this problem.

Things I have tried:
  • Temperatures are all good
  • Installing the game on both SSD and hard drive
  • Drivers (I have latest right now)
  • Cleaned malware
  • Manually cleared cache
  • Adjusted a few NVIDIA Control Panel settings
  • Limited max framerate with NVIDIA Control Panel
It makes the game almost unplayable. Please help!

Edit:
- Disk usage is not high either

Edit 2:
- I'm also using DOCP profiles

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
Try locking all cores to the same speed (baseclocks) ,either in BIOS or with ryzen master,PBO can cause one core (one game thread) to run faster than the others causing the game to not sync up correctly.
I just downloaded ryzen master, how do I lock all cores to the same speed?

Mar 30, 2020
i don't have a ryzen,I just know that that's the ryzen overclock utility,it shouldn't be too hard to find out how it works on google.
I decided to do it in bios. Under custom CPU core ratio there is only auto and custom, unlike the things I found online where I can select sync all

Mar 30, 2020
You already tried everything else,the only other thing it could be would be due to your monitor being 165Hz and it not being stutters bust just looking weird to you.
No it shows on afterburner that it stutters. I downloaded Metro Exodus today and I got stutters everytime something new was going on. I searched it up, and I found out I have a high latency with LatencyMon. I also disabled a few audio controllers from device manager that I weren't using. The stutter has gone better in Metro Exodus but not in other games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS