Frame Freeze on games, please help.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

calebworthy21

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Okay. Here is the run down. I am running on a PC I build in January, early. It is very nice. Here are the Specs.

1080 Ti
8700k i7
16 GB Ram
Dual Monitor Setup
Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply
Water Cooled CPU
Asus ROG Strix 370z or 270 cant remember
4 TB HDD
240GB SSD

So basically, I have overclocked both my GPU and CPU, but I set them back to default because it is not much needed. However on games like Fornite and League of Legends I will get random frame drops. And they aren't bad, theyre like from 144 to 90, because i have a 144 HZ monitor. However when it does drop that low the screen freezes for a second. Here are some pictures.

The first image is with one monitor only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gEBSTarX9ScZBVQKKzQolD9GiSyCG5Ne

These are with 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z1cz9rfsSxshhnakZL_s4CmxuGUVcaCF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=127Yfsqk-PQRcq6F914v6R2xyHFl9jrb7

Those are both on fortnite.

So the things I have tried so far is uninstalling graphics drivers. Putting the games that have problems on my SSD. Turning every other program off. Using Razer Cortex or other applications to boost my RAM. Using one monitor only. Im not one who will have a problem then whine about it and not look for a solution. I have been digging and trying for a solution for about a month almost every day.

If anyone has any idea let me know, if you want me to download a program and run it and monitor my usage and FPS I will do that. Don't know what else to try. And its annoying in fortnite because i'll get into a fight and my screen will freeze.

Another note. Battlefront 2, runs perfect at about 70-90 FPS on ultra. yet when I get frame drops in that game say from, 90 FPS to a sudden 60, there is no screen freeze or lag. It's just a typical frame drop.

These Freezes last about 1 second.

Any other questions let me know and I will answer immediatley.

This computer was about 2.5k so I would want it to run at its best.

calebworthy21

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Tried that, did not work. Guess I am going to use the warranty on my GPU and try a diff monitor. Idk anymore.

calebworthy21

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I didn't run the mem test. So I will do that in the morning but thats about the last thing that I can think of.

If it were to be a certain component what do you think it would be

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I really don't know. GPU would be a wild guess, but like i said 2 pages ago, unlikely.

calebworthy21

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Longest thread I've seen on this sit so far lol.

I'll see what warranties I got and just start replacing stuff, gotta do the memtest for the ram as well see if anything is wrong.

calebworthy21

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Did u see the speccy? did everything look okay?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Theres a bunch of stuff I would have told you to try disabling, but since you tried the games with it clean before installing anything and you still had the issue, its a waste of time.

CCleaner
Chrome
CorsairLink
Discord
GameScannerService
GoogleDrive
OneDrive