Question FreeSync not working on YouTube (tested with Firefox and Chrome)

Jun 30, 2024
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z790-A WIFI
CPU: i9 14900K
GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Monitor: LG Ultrawide 34" FullHD IPS (FreeSync compatible)

I have some videos that run at 55~59fps and when I watch them on YouTube (Firefox/Chrome), there's stuttering during scrolling. The stuttering doesn't happen when I watch them with PotPlayer since it can do FreeSync in fullscreen mode. It's also absent if I watch them on my LG OLED 4K TV through its YouTube app.

So, what can I do to fix that?

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
Hi, you could try this in firefox deep settings
type about:config in the browser

then search for these two settings below and change their setting to TRUE

gfx.webrender.all
gfx.webrender.enabled

Note: the second one you will need to search and it will create a custom entry then change it to true. It can be deleted at anytime if necessary.

Let me know if it works, cheers.

Jun 30, 2024
Hello. I have no "gfx.webrender.enabled" written exactly like that. The closest is "gfx.webrender.enabled-no-gpu-process-with-angle-win", which was already set to True.
"gfx.webrender.all" was set to False. I changed that to True but it made no difference.

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
ok, when I typed the gfx.webrender.enabled into the search box it created itself with a default false entry and a delete button, so it's a custom addin.

You have to click the + sign to add it to the list

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
I would think it needs that entry to enable it for the other setting to work. Hopefully it works.

**change thew no-gpu one back to false too

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
Worth a try. Recommend deleting the entry and restore the false state on the other one to get back to original just incase it causes other problems later.