Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconCassetteTape

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
can anyone identify what's wrong with this system
Problem: random freeze, and random restart.

Troubleshooting done( the problem still persist):

1. Disabled the auto-restart feature of windows - it made the system freeze instead
  2. reseat and replace ram and doing single and dual channel - the problem is still there
  3. motherboard has been replaced with a different one - same problem
  4. tried a different hard drive containing a different copy of windows 10 - both showed the same symptoms even tried installing different installer of windows 1 official and 1 sketchy. both done on 3 different drives.
  5. CPU has been changed twice (yea I know we have a triplet system so troubleshooting was an ease)
  6. tried to remove the restart button pins - this in turn removed the mouse and keyboard access in login - not sure if its freeze or dissabled but we waited for 5 mins the clock on the lock screen is working. (not sure how that happen but that happened)
  7. already installed the drivers both old and new Nvidia drivers - the problem is still there
  8. already installed all of the mobos legacy drivers and files straight from the disk same can be said with the GPU.
  9. the psu is also replaced a few months back but its still working way back then.
  10. this thing has been in careful transit for 4 hours of driving (but if this adds a hint on whats wrong please let me know)
  11. the PC is being used close to the sea (house is close near the ocean) (the common problem of salt corrosion on metal is known and not sure if it adds a value but we use a very close case and clean it regularly) plus we have been using this system for 5 years it only started acting up now.
  12. tried using it without the GPU and the same problem still persist used a working 3070 on it and its still there.
  13. we also tried different type of ram from, avexir (2400) hyperx (3200) balilstix (2400) all of em are tried even if the mobobs limit is 2133 we've been using the balistix for 5 straight years with no problem ... we also tried and mixed it with different ram and lowered its clocks manually but the problem still persist.
  14. tried windows 7 the problem is still there.
  15. tried using a different psu .. its still there.

I'm honest and bewildered on how the heck is this system still aching ... I'm close to slapping this thing.

Specs
i5 6500 (stock cooler, its not overheating we checked)
8gb ram
1tb wd hdd
500 watts psu
1050ti
mobo is b150m bazooka,

the system is used for programming/ gaming/ and photo editing ... it's not abused it's actually loved ... it's a system that carries us through university and job (cleaned it with passion) and it sits above the table no carpet.

we already almost replaced everything or are we (extremely) lucky to get the same symptom from working hardware?
again im sorry about my English its like my 4th language ... please be patient with me.

if anyone got any stuff or thoughts on how to troubleshoot this thing ill be happy to try them out ... ill try anything at this point.

Solution
we got it ... Not sure if its the pcie ... but we suspect it has something to do with 2 motherboards pcie (its just extremely lucky that both of the motherboards has the same issue) both of the tested GPUs are fine ... but both of them are showing the freezing symptoms when plugged in the motherboards ... the system was working fine when we used integrated graphics ... how do I close this thread

BaconCassetteTape

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
brand and model of the psu?
what the cpu/gpu temp?
check hdd health?
how full is the hdd?
what the ram usage?
malware scan the system?

PSU we've tried is corsair non rated 500 watts (the systems original psu) / Seasonic gold-rated 850 watts / EVGA gold rated 650 watts
CPU temp upon boot is around 30 -35c and GPU temp is about the same (1050ti)
HDD health is good along with 3 different HDDs ... also tried it with a fairly new Samsung SSD 1tb with a clean install.
ram usage is not close to low and none ... used an old nzxt cam software ... and aida64
we haven't done a malware scan yet

BaconCassetteTape

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
we got it ... Not sure if its the pcie ... but we suspect it has something to do with 2 motherboards pcie (its just extremely lucky that both of the motherboards has the same issue) both of the tested GPUs are fine ... but both of them are showing the freezing symptoms when plugged in the motherboards ... the system was working fine when we used integrated graphics ... how do I close this thread

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS