Question Friend Is Having Boot Problems, Replaced GPU Recently But Worked Fine For A While.

Sep 15, 2021
A friend of mine is having boot problems where it takes a really long time to boot up and always goes into "Windows Automatic Repair". He replaced the GPU recently but he had the GPU in his PC for a few weeks before getting this issue. In an attempt to fix the issue he bought a brand new motherboard and CPU (AMD RYZEN 3 to a INTEL i7 10700k). Still having issues after the upgrade. He got rid of the old GPU drivers (Radeon) and put on the new (NVIDIA). He is able to boot by pressing F8 sometimes and sometimes it just boots normally. There are some other strange things happening like programs wont open (on both boot-drive and secondary drive) and one blue screen of ":(". Maybe power supply issue? He does have a not great power supply.

Sep 15, 2021
have your "friend" come and include all of their system specs and add their own 2 cents into the thread.

i7 10700k, ASUS Prime B560-Plus, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz Crucial Ballistix, 600 W Thermaltake 80+ (its three years old).
He is almost at a loss and so am I. We think maybe a software issue. The system sometimes boots normally but today he had issues running commonly used programs like chrome and steam. The PC is not completely unbootable after opening steam which resulted in BSOD. ":("

Edit: During the shutdown that BSOD does normally the computer wasn't able to shut down properly and was stuck in the shutting down sequence so the power supply was disconnected. From that point on we are stuck in the "Automatic Repair" loop (which avails to nothing).