[SOLVED] From TridentZ to Corsair, just Plug-'n-play?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So I currently own the TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz kit. It is a great kit, I got much use outof it. But it showed some problems which resulted in a mobo-swap. The mobo didn't seem to be the problem however, because one of the two modules has given up recently. Running the working one in A2 results in a boot, running the other one sadly doesn't.

By this point, I have given up on my TridentZ kit. I maybe will use the functioning stick for a second build with my replaced parts, but a RAM swap is the thing I'm going for. There are two reasons for this:

1. My RAM literally broke down as I allready stated. It's just old. I'm actually done with troubleshooting (been troubleshooting for around 2 years now, with no avail), so I'm taking the short route of swapping.
  2. The kit I'm planning to buy, The Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3000MHz, combined with the Vengeance Pro Light Enhancement-kit, just looks WAAAAAAY better. ASUS Aura has stopped working for around a year now, and with trying everything to get it to work again (excluding a fresh windows reïnstall, losing all my data), I've thrown the towel in the ring, and I'm going with iCUE. (because my mobo ARGB syncs up with that, and so does my K55 RGB)

The question in this story tho: If I swap out my TridentZ 16GB 3000MHz (now TridentZ 8GB 3000MHz) for the Corsair 16GB 3000MHz (With the light enhancement kit), iss it just a matter of plug-and-play, or does it require some BIOS tweaking or something like that?

Solution
Contact gskill. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on ram failure, and are usually more than happy to get you sorted out, just so you don't have to move to the competitors brand.

Ram will be plug and play. Whatever you did prior, like set XMP etc you'll still have to make sure is correct in bios, but other than that, the ram works the same. That cannot be said about the RGB, which may or may not require a different software or software settings to get working as you want it.

Swapping to the Corsair, you'd just use the iCue anyway, no real need then for the Aura.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Contact gskill. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on ram failure, and are usually more than happy to get you sorted out, just so you don't have to move to the competitors brand.

Ram will be plug and play. Whatever you did prior, like set XMP etc you'll still have to make sure is correct in bios, but other than that, the ram works the same. That cannot be said about the RGB, which may or may not require a different software or software settings to get working as you want it.

Swapping to the Corsair, you'd just use the iCue anyway, no real need then for the Aura.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
My system was a prebuild, so I'm not sure if contact will offer any help. Idrc about getting new TridentZ RAM anyway, because I WANT to go Corsair. I purchased their H100x some time ago and recently got their K55, and I'm very satisfied with their design and looks. I really like their products. And since I can run their RGB software (TridentZ has software, which doesn't seem to work, and AURA doesn't work on my machine), more points for Corsair than TridentZ, thus winning in my opinion.

So buying new RAM is no biggie, I just made €8,50/hr for a 32 hour work week :). I just want to know if I can just buy some Vengeance Pro RGB, and swap out my now Single TridentZ DIMM without any hassle...

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

(I just realized you edited your message rendering my prev. message obsolete.)

Thanks for the fast response, I'll get on buying then. I don't think I have XMP enabled, but if so, I think I can use the EZ_XMP switch on my mobo..