Question Front Fan stopped working

lrot123

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019
Hello. I bought a computer from cyberpowerpc probably about 6
Months ago. Here it is: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...MItpvTyenP4QIVz1uGCh1NJQpaEAUYASABEgIIw_D_BwE

And I recently just replaced all the parts in it, motherboard, GPU, cpu, and ram.

There is a fan that is in the inside on the front side. Where the CyberpowerPc logo is in the picture, it is at the bottom of that panel though. I accidentally ripped off the front panel and it has all these electronic things attacked to it, and behind it was the actual panel that was holding the fan. I then used the computer and the fan wasn’t working. I never paid attention to if the fan was working after I change the parts, or if I somehow disconnected/damaged it when pulling it off. The front panel did as well control the LED on the outside so if someone could please help, thank you!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
CyberpowerPC is notorious for sub-standard quality in their builds. Luckily, they use standard parts.

Have you traced the fan's power cable to verify that it is connected to a power source (like a motherboard fan header)?

If needed, you can simply replace the non-working fan with a standard case fan. The one you have is very likely a 120mm (or 140mm) fan. Post a picture and we should be able to verify.

lrot123

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019
No
CyberpowerPC is notorious for sub-standard quality in their builds. Luckily, they use standard parts.

Have you traced the fan's power cable to verify that it is connected to a power source (like a motherboard fan header)?

If needed, you can simply replace the non-working fan with a standard case fan. The one you have is very likely a 120mm (or 140mm) fan. Post a picture and we should be able to verify.
I have not tried tracing the cable. I will try to do it later. My theory could be that I ripped it out when I ripped off the case possibly. I am replacing my PSU Slater today so I will check then. Thank you.