Question Front radiator fan setup in new case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking to change my case to the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB my current specs are

Ryzen 1800x CPU
ROG 1080ti 11g GPU
Asus Hero VI MOBO

and I've been using a Kraken x62 with the radiator mounted on the top for CPU cooling

I want to change my cooler setup and size as the x62 has a 280mm radiator and I would like the nice look of 6x 120mm LL rgb fans all around with a front mounted radiator setup.

So I've been looking at getting a corsair 150i pro to mount on the front with the 3x 120mm LL rgb fans supplied with the case at front of the radiator then purchase an additional 3x LL120 rgb fans for top and rear.

Now when looking at similar completed builds many seem to have done the same but fitted the 3 fans supplied with the 150i cooler behind the radiator it looks very clunky and I cant seem to get my head around why having fans on both sides of that radiator, as opposed to just 3 at the front, would be beneficial?

Apologies if I'm missing something simple, admittedly a novice.

I have a 360mm mounted up front in my case with the fans in front of the radiator. It can go either way, temp difference will be negligible. I would mount them whichever way you feel looks nicer and compliments the case.

Having the fans mounted on both sides of the rad, in a push/pull config is just for added airflow. But probably not necessary.

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks for the reply's now I've engaged brain I see how it will also pull air from the raditor, I've gone for the case and the H150i anyhow, so whats your complete fan setup?

Do you have 6 rgb fans connected through the commander pro and then the three fans supplied with the 150i connected to your motherboard?

I'm using the stock ML fans in a pull configuration. I have 2 140mm fans on top for exhaust and another 120mm exhaust on rear. I'm using the motherboard to control the exhaust fans and the H150i to control the radiator fans. The 2 Commander Pros I bought didn't work worth a damn. Save your money and don't buy the Commander Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.