Question Full tower heats up my small 5x5 room at least 11 degree!

yabarsho123

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2016
Hello everyone
Wanted to see if there is anything I can do to my pc to keep it from being a space heater in my room.
I currently have a Lian li full tower with a total 9 fans in the case
I have a 3080 gpu and my cpu is water cooled with the Corsair h150i it’s a chunky radiator and I have 2 140 fans pushing the heat out the top and I have one exit fan in the rear.
During the summer I noticed my room gets from 70 to about 81 degree max.
Is there anything I can do for my pc to keep it from spitting out so much heat?
All of my fans will top out on there speed once my gpu starts to hit 70degree (msi is the controller for the fan curves)

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Laws of thermodynamics can't be broken. Either generate less heat or exchange the heat to somewhere else.

You could throttle your computer by power limiting it. But I suspect that isn't what you're looking for. And the room will still heat up with no ventilation, simply with you being in it and breathing.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A PC literally is a heater. The energy used changes form, and it doesn't simply go away once it exits the PC either.
Cpu, gpu, ram, motherboard, storage, fans, leds... everything that needs juice... that heat exits the PC and mixes with your room air.

No ac in the room just a box fan
Also no window as well
Since you don't have AC, nor a window, the solutions immediately available to you:
1)Get that heat somewhere else.
Take the box fan, and position it to eject air out of the doorway to your room. If possible, in a way that you and others can still get around it to go in/out of the room. Flipping the fan the other way around won't be as effective.

2)Lower power use.
Get in Msi Afterburner, and experiment with lower gpu power limits. 90/85/80%, and maybe bump up the core clock 30-60mhz to compensate.
Not much to be had trying to do this with cpus, since they generally don't use much power in games - but if you're using one of the recent Core i9s, they slurp up a lot.

TRENDING THREADS