Further Motorola Moto X Leaks: OLED Display and Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I honestly am getting tired of evreyday I come to Toms or other sites and see the latest phone that does very little different from the one they released last week.Its really annoying and not one of them has a blasted keyboard,not evreyone like touch screens for typing.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
What I am waiting for is a phone with about the specs of the Nexus 4 with an SD card slot for <$250 unlocked. I don't need all the bells and whistles, I just want to get out of paying the big 3 companies tons of money for service.

I, for one, applaud the dual core instead of the fashionable 4-core hype around smartphones.

Just make sure it has a microSD slot, great camera, decent screen and removable battery and my money is yours, Moto.

My S2 begs for an upgrade.

Cheers!

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I've got the Razr Maxx HD... it has an OLED screen too... and it's pretty crappy (the OLED screen as well as the phone in general). Resolution is decent but the pixel design makes it look like it's lower than it is, really bad viewability in daylight, and meh color. Just because it's OLED doesn't mean it's good.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I'll not buy another Motolola... in addition to the meh screen, there have been 2 firmware updates since January - both reset the phone so I had to repeat the initial setup and reload apps, the first phone I got would reboot hourly on trips (tower switching maybe), this one doesn't do that but does reboot at random once a week or so - even Windows in the 'bad old days' would give you a damn blue screen. Touchscreen sensitivity is worse than my old iPhone 4, there are apparently random hangs and studders - possibly app related but I've only got a handful of them installed. The only good thing about the phone is that it goes 2 days on a charge... my buddies with Samsung's love their phones and have none of these issues, so clearly I made a bad purchasing call.

halcyon

Splendid

I'm auditioning an S4 and its screen (OLED?) may be the best I've seen on a phone. I'd love it if Samsung could marry a screen with that pixel density/quality to their Note 10.1. If OLED has shortcomings they're not evident in the S4's screen.

airborn824

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
OLED is realy nice. means the battery will be great and so will be the color in video. 720p is all you need, nice PPi for that size. as long as its fast has lots of ram and no bloat ware from verizon i will buy it, i have always had good luck with Moto

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I'm auditioning an S4 and its screen (OLED?) may be the best I've seen on a phone. I'd love it if Samsung could marry a screen with that pixel density/quality to their Note 10.1. If OLED has shortcomings they're not evident in the S4's screen.
Here's what I've found with the AMOLED screen on my Galaxy Nexus - black levels are great, and it's more power efficient, but colors on those screens can be oversaturated (depends on how it's calibrated), and the screen wears unevenly - if I rotate my phone (which I rarely do), the left (normally top) side of it has a bluish tint. (note that it normally displays the black status bar on top - so most of those pixels aren't lit up)

Also, note that the S4's screen is pentile while the HTC One's isn't. I've played with both, and the One is noticeably sharper. (I could see the pixels on the S4 when I looked a little closer, though not as easily as with my gnexus. I couldn't from the same distance with the One though.)

halcyon

Splendid

You my friend have better eyes than me. The S4's screen is lazer sharp to my eyes and notably better than my Note 2 (which I think is about to be sold). I don't keep my phones too long. If I decide to stick with the S4 it may just be until the Note 3 is available. The S4's screen seems even better than the iPhone's (which I also appreciate).

halcyon

Splendid

You my friend have better eyes than me. The S4's screen is lazer sharp to my eyes and notably better than my Note 2 (which I think is about to be sold). I don't keep my phones too long. If I decide to stick with the S4 it may just be until the Note 3 is available (so screen wear prolly won't be too much of an issue for me). The S4's screen seems even better than the iPhone's (which I also appreciate).

Status
Not open for further replies.