Status
Not open for further replies.

orangejedi829

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hi all,
I'm thinking about making an ultra-compact gaming PC build. While I'm normally an NVidia guy, the new Fury cards are really a natural choice for an ultra small form factor build. The Fury Nano is the smallest, but I'd also like to do a water loop if possible. Since space is a concern, I had the idea of getting a Fury X and modding the cooling loop to include the CPU.
Using the included loop provides a pump, GPU block, reservoir, and radiator in a very compact package. And I'm looking to go very compact.
The Fury X has a TDP of 275watts, and the CPU would be at most 40-some watts on top of that. From my previous water cooling experience, a good 2x120mm radiator (@21fpi) can effectively dissipate 600watts with moderate amounts of airflow. So ~330 watts on a single 120mm rad is pushing things, but not impossible. It depends on the quality of the Fury's included radiator.
The biggest hurdle would be expanding the included loop without creating any leaks.
Any thoughts on whether something like this would be possible? Thanks!

Solution
posible yes, recomended no, you can clam the hoses and have minmal spilage but imidiatly ruin any warranty you have with the 650$ GFX. plus you must acout for extra strain on the punp and you would have to add a refill and water chamber cause it is nolonger complelty closed so it makes it more work and less "small" cause once you open the water itis contaminated no mater which way you look at it.

smallest for factot for you is in my opinion.
radeon sucking fresh air in and H80 exhuasting old air out. no 120 needed both are small form factor and come at small price and you keep you warenty. and save yoursefl ALOT of trouble.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
posible yes, recomended no, you can clam the hoses and have minmal spilage but imidiatly ruin any warranty you have with the 650$ GFX. plus you must acout for extra strain on the punp and you would have to add a refill and water chamber cause it is nolonger complelty closed so it makes it more work and less "small" cause once you open the water itis contaminated no mater which way you look at it.

smallest for factot for you is in my opinion.
radeon sucking fresh air in and H80 exhuasting old air out. no 120 needed both are small form factor and come at small price and you keep you warenty. and save yoursefl ALOT of trouble.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.