[SOLVED] fx cpu overclock problems & cinebench score

Feb 7, 2021
Hi I just want to ask you guys if you know the reason of this weird things happening on my old fx 6300 cpu i found this thing on one of my computers stored in my house the thing that makes me confused is the overclock score of cinebench is kinda low rather the boost clock of fx cpu 3.8 ghz is the boost and the overclock i use is 4.3 ghz all of them pass the intel burn test no crash or error happen its just the score on this confusing me
my score on cinebench r20
3.82 ghz=964
4.32 ghz=849
and also the cpu north bridge frequency for both is set to auto 2000mhz, the core performance boost is turn off and others like c1e, c6, virtualization cool and quite, apm master mode and their voltage, on 3.8ghz is set it to 1.3175 and the 4.3ghz is 1.4375 (i know that 1.4375 is kinda high voltage but its stable on intel burn test no crash things are happening)

thats the highest score i got on both of the clocks guys should i even compare both of them are they gonna make difference in terms of real performance like editing gaming thing im also using stock cooler on both of the cpu.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING :)

Solution
Im using gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x) im not sure if its a great mobo or a bad one.

Yeah that is a very low end board, weak VRMs with no heatsinks, barely adequate for running the FX 6300 at stock speeds. I'd remove your overclock and just run at stock, you'll get better performance that way. With the overclock you're going to be constantly throttled by the VRMs and get overall worse performance, hence the lower Cinebench score.
Which motherboard do you have? If you have a board with weak VRMs you might be running into some throttling when you increase the voltage and power draw for the overclock and that will give you a lower Cinebench score as your CPU isn't holding 4.32GHz constantly. The FX chips have always been power hungry, especially when overclocked and lot of the lower end AM3+ boards can struggle to handle that high power draw.

Feb 7, 2021
i used to have 6300 clocked at 4.8GHz with 1.5v volts for years
btw whats your temperatures? this thing doesnt like high temperatures
and what your mainboard? vrm could be throttling
I made some test and here's the result
3.8ghz can go to 79°C then the 4.3 is only 78°C thats the max temp of both clocks
i also check the mother board and its a GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x) i dont think that a great mob
i used to have 6300 clocked at 4.8GHz with 1.5v volts for years
btw whats your temperatures? this thing doesnt like high temperatures
and what your mainboard? vrm could be throttling
I made some test and here's the result
3.8ghz can go to 79°C then the 4.3 is only 78°C thats the max temp of both clocks
i also check the mother board and its a GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x) i dont think that a great mobo too.

Feb 7, 2021
Which motherboard do you have? If you have a board with weak VRMs you might be running into some throttling when you increase the voltage and power draw for the overclock and that will give you a lower Cinebench score as your CPU isn't holding 4.32GHz constantly. The FX chips have always been power hungry, especially when overclocked and lot of the lower end AM3+ boards can struggle to handle that high power draw.
Im using gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x) im not sure if its a great mobo or a bad one.

Yeah that is a very low end board, weak VRMs with no heatsinks, barely adequate for running the FX 6300 at stock speeds. I'd remove your overclock and just run at stock, you'll get better performance that way. With the overclock you're going to be constantly throttled by the VRMs and get overall worse performance, hence the lower Cinebench score.

Solution
Feb 7, 2021
I guess i will stick with the 3.8 then even the stock speed is not that great thinking for upgrading the mobo of it or just forget this thing and build a decent specs thanks for answering my question :)