Question G7 Odyssey plugged in Lenovo Legion 5 only showing 144hz

Apr 15, 2022
I have a Lenovo Legion 5 with RTX 3070 inside it, the laptop's display gives me the option of 144hz but recently I bought G7 Odyssey because I am building a PC and that monitor was on sale so I went for it and plugged into my laptop but unfortunately I'm not getting the option for 240hz.
Also when I play Apex Legends or Lost Ark or any other game and also when I'm scrolling Facebook or websites I get this weird distorted vertical line going from top to bottom like its "Scanning" the screen and it happens every 5 minutes or so.
I have no idea how to fix this...all the cables are new and really well connected. The HDMI I'm using is 2.1 , the one that I got with my PS5.

The laptop unfortunately doesn't have any DisplayPort ports. I have a feeling this is all happening due to not having a 1.4 DisplayPort, but please let me know in the comments if this is the reason or I'm missing something.

Thank you all in advance.

Apr 15, 2022
I would say the monitor doesn't support 240hz over HDMI. Read the manual and see.
Yes that's right. I just read and through HDMI its capped at 144hz, but then what about the screen tear that happens when I play games. The vertical lines that goes from top to bottom every 5 mins? Does that also happens because of the HDMI or what?