GA-8ISXT-FS floppy problem

I am trying to set up this system with a GA-8ISXT-FS motherboard. Everything
is working fine except the floppy drive. I tried 3 different known working
drives and cables. The drive light goes on but it cannot read any disk. No
flags in Device Manager. It will not boot from a floppy so it is not just
Windows. It says no system disk if I try to boot from a floppy. In Windows,
it asks for a disk even though one is in there. The disks work when checked
on other systems. Every drive and cable came from a working system. The
cables are indexed, so I know they are not backwards. No bent over pins
either. I think the controller might be gone. Any other ideas?

"kazikmazik" <kazhatespam@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to set up this system with a GA-8ISXT-FS motherboard.
Everything
> is working fine except the floppy drive. I tried 3 different known working
> drives and cables. The drive light goes on but it cannot read any disk. No
> flags in Device Manager. It will not boot from a floppy so it is not just
> Windows. It says no system disk if I try to boot from a floppy. In
Windows,
> it asks for a disk even though one is in there. The disks work when
checked
> on other systems. Every drive and cable came from a working system. The
> cables are indexed, so I know they are not backwards. No bent over pins
> either. I think the controller might be gone. Any other ideas?

I realized the only component I did not check was the power connector. I
tried the other power connector and it now works. I don't know how the drive
light worked before since this would indicate the drive was getting power.
Sorry for the false alarm.

> "kazikmazik" <kazhatespam@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to set up this system with a GA-8ISXT-FS motherboard.
> Everything
>> is working fine except the floppy drive. I tried 3 different known
>> working
>> drives and cables. The drive light goes on but it cannot read any disk.
>> No
>> flags in Device Manager. It will not boot from a floppy so it is not just
>> Windows. It says no system disk if I try to boot from a floppy. In
> Windows,
>> it asks for a disk even though one is in there. The disks work when
> checked
>> on other systems. Every drive and cable came from a working system. The
>> cables are indexed, so I know they are not backwards. No bent over pins
>> either. I think the controller might be gone. Any other ideas?
>>

> I realized the only component I did not check was the power connector. I
> tried the other power connector and it now works. I don't know how the
> drive
> light worked before since this would indicate the drive was getting power.
> Sorry for the false alarm.

You might've been using a fan power connector.