Galaxy Adding Wireless HD to GeForce GTX 460

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
This is a hell yea thing, people will start asking where's the x-box or play station when playing games on the new LED LCD TV since there is no PC in the vicinity ..he he..

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Wow all that data going through the air?! THROUGH OUR BRAINS! omg this is gonna cause cancer and brain tumours and all that bullshit people keep claiming happens when waves travel through our brains.

Heads up people, the Universe is pumping millions of Radio waves and other types of radiation through our head every millisecond, yet we're all fine =O.

This is an awesome idea btw, this is the future man. Love it, want it, can't afford it, damn it.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I love seeing little additions to cards like this. In today's market, both companies are so close (and I'm sure some fanboy will be more then happy to start a flame war after me stating that) that you almost can't lose when you choose a card. It's about what you can afford and whether you want to buy red or green. With these fun little additions to cards, it's makes it a much more interesting acquisition and, depending on the feature (3D, eyefinity, physx, etc) borderline demands the other company step up. Lets face it folks, for those of us that are tech fans (regardless if you have a loyalty or not), we're living in VERY exciting times. :) Cheers

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I am willing to bet the cost of the thing isn't gonna make it any better than making a simple htpc, but who knows.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
As long as the card and the wireless TV adapter aren't too outrageously priced I might have to look into something like this for my next build.

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Wonder what console will be the first to adapt this newer technology, I for one would mind not having to plug up my xbox! How much will it cost I wonder? Amazing feature Im very excited to see the range, quality, and durability! Either way its cool to see it introduced it can only improve with time...

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Wow all that data going through the air?! THROUGH OUR BRAINS! omg this is gonna cause cancer and brain tumours and all that bullshit people keep claiming happens when waves travel through our brains.Heads up people, the Universe is pumping millions of Radio waves and other types of radiation through our head every millisecond, yet we're all fine =O. This is an awesome idea btw, this is the future man. Love it, want it, can't afford it, damn it.[/citation]

Yeah its only waves that require extreme precision that causes damage to our brains (cellphones) so local things like this shouldn't have long term effects.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Considering Asus' wireless 1080p kit that uses the same technology is meant to have an MSRP of $199, I'm guessing this will retail for about $420. It's certainly very interesting technology though, although chances are it'll be Christmas 2011 by the time this stuff becomes readily available to the consumer.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]What about the audio?[/citation]
Good question. I guess that's the wire running from the PC to the receiver.... Under the TV. Hah!

stiehl

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]Yeah its only waves that require extreme precision that causes damage to our brains (cellphones) so local things like this shouldn't have long term effects.[/citation]

You guys are actually both wrong. Electromagnetic radiation can only cause harm in humans if resonating at the same frequency. Since these types of waves have a much lower frequency and energy than lets say a x-ray that you get at the dentist, there is no harm at all. People also think cell phones cause harm. This is obviously not true and if you spend some time looking at research articles, you will find that the media is completely wrong. Most media outlets commonly get the higher sciences completely wrong, so its not surprising that most people think the same way.

rmse17

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
*shrug* Computer in my room, HDTV and receiver with surround sound in living room. I've had my 50' HDMI cable from my video card and SPDIF optical for audio, and USB extender with wireless logitech keyboard and mouse for a year and a half :)

Works great!

the 50' cables can be found for really cheap on sale or in special cable stores online.

RMSe17

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]What about the audio?[/citation]

well hdmi transmits both video and audio so it would be a safe bet to assume it would transfer both, my current card transfers my video and audio thru hdmi so I expect it to do same otherwise the whole convenience aspect is ruined!

Status
Not open for further replies.