Galaxy S10 plus vs Oneplus 7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
So Im looking into investing in a new phone and Im really torn between these 2, the s10 plus and 7pro and I thought Id ask here to see if anyone has any of their own opinions or experience that theyd like to offer. Theyre almost the exact same spec wise and the samsung has a bit of a better battery, but the main thing thats messing with me is the front facing camera on the samsung is getting in the way of a completely flush screen like the one plus with its pop up camera. Also id be paying the oneplus's 1400 ish dollars straight up instead of on a contract with samsung. So ya, thats the boat im in right now, and please noone say "oh well its your choice and decision" lmao I know, but when Im torn like this I need a way to make up my mind somehow. Thanks for any responses

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I bought a OnePlus 7 Pro and it's been great. I could never go back to a Samsung phone because of the overly modified Android OS they use. OnePlus has a clean OS and it's super slick. Highly recommended.

have you had any issues of any kind with it yet? also i heard the battery isnt amazing?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 5G is the superior phone. Their UI and optimization is not great, but it doesn't matter when you're buying a flagship phone. Not to mention, it has ip 68 rating for water and dust resistance, wireless charging, a 3.55 mm audio jack and even lets you add a micro sd card.

If you are looking for stock android in a flagship phone, then you don't have many options.

Battery can greatly vary depending on your use.
There will be a huge difference when you play PUBG compared to when you just browse the web or just use the phone for calling + texting.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 5G is the superior phone. Their UI and optimization is not great, but it doesn't matter when you're buying a flagship phone. Not to mention, it has ip 68 rating for water and dust resistance, wireless charging, a 3.55 mm audio jack and even lets you add a micro sd card.

If you are looking for stock android in a flagship phone, then you don't have many options.

Battery can greatly vary depending on your use.
There will be a huge difference when you play PUBG compared to when you just browse the web or just use the phone for calling + texting.

been looking a little more toward to s10 tbh, but what do you mean by the optimization, it rlly not that great? I guess some of it would probably be fixed with some future updates tho?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
It must get better with updates, but it can't match the Oneplus phones, as they're all about speed, however the difference now must be very small, if at all, as these phones have much better hardware than the older phones.

I don't recommend mid-range Samsung phones, but their S10 series is worth it, considering the fact that the price difference is not much and you get some exclusive features like mentioned above.

You can watch speed tests on youtube to know more.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
It must get better with updates, but it can't match the Oneplus phones, as they're all about speed, however the difference now must be very small, if at all, as these phones have much better hardware than the older phones.

I don't recommend mid-range Samsung phones, but their S10 series is worth it, considering the fact that the price difference is not much and you get some exclusive features like mentioned above.

You can watch speed tests on youtube to know more.

ya with speed tests the oneplus seems to edge out a little but i guess when u have either or theres not gonna be a whole lotta difference, theyre both fast af. Thing is tho is that if i get the s10 its gonna be the 1tb 12gb ram version for the comparable speed i wanted from the oneplus, whichll also be a lil more expensive. itll be more expensive in the long run but the oneplusll be more expensive in the short term cuz ill be dishing out like 1400 as opposed to like 500 or so plus an expensive plan. bit of a pain in the ass weighing all these options, like with the holepunch camera in the s10. theres funny wallpapers out there tho to make it tollerable

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
quick update, got the s10 12gtb 1tb version and pretty satisfied so far. cant find a whole lot of wallpapers that incorporate the hole punch display but its not a huge letdown. i just love the putin/trump/kim wallpaper, made me okay with the holepunches in the first place tbh lol, give it a google if u dunno wat i mean. thanks for the help tho guys, appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.