Game Breaking Bug Already Spotted in Diablo 3

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
So far 1 random DC here , and ofc BNET was down on the 16th luckly i was still in the game so only achivements were not recorded. Ah ye im sure many ppl play with companions :)

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Not trying to be a Blizz fan boy or anything, never played a single min of WoW, but SC is a diff story haha. Anyway, D3 is an excellent game and everyone that wants to scream to their mommy is going to miss out. I didn't play on launch day, but have played wed and thurs with zero probs. Seriously, people getting worked up over this stuff is nuts, its like a drop in the ocean. D2 was supported for how long, maybe still idk, but one or two days for D3 is far far from a deal breaker.

roalith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
This is made to be quite a bit worse than it actually is. #1 - Blizzard didn't successfully launch WoW a decade ago, WoW actually had a rough launch. #2 - The bug is if you drag the shield from YOUR ACTIVELY EQUIPPED SHIELD STRAIGHT TO THE COMPANION. Just equipping him with a shield does not crash the game at all. It has to be the same shield you have equipped. You can avoid this by first putting it into your inventory and then equip to your Templar companion. #3 - Many of us are level 60 prepping for Inferno already, if the downtime was as bad as you say it was, how would anyone be over level 30??? Compared to some actual MMOs I've tried at launch in the past, this launch was relatively SMOOTH.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I was in the D3 beta for several months, and I saw first-hand why it takes Blizzard so long to make anything. They spend most of their time spinning their wheels, instead of progressing forward. For instance, they may come up with a cool idea, program it into the game, but then second-guess, then third-guess, then fourth-guess (to ad-nauseum) re-writing and re-inventing things until they're a simplistic shadow of their former idea, recognizable in name-only (Skill Runes, I'm looking at you).

Diablo 3 could have been a great game, but whey wanted the emphasis to be on player gear, not player skill. all to further drive their RMAH. That at least seems to be their intent.

Fortunately for me, I saw the train wreck on the horizon and avoided buying this game. I remember how Blizzard lied about SC2, and took everything they said about D3 with a grain of salt. I saw how low-quality the game was in the beta, and how simplistic the gameplay was. There was nothing in the game to even tempt me to buy the final version, even if it were only $20.

(Edited for clarity... I hit the <submit> button a little too fast> :)

roalith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
The stat customization comes into play through gear and sockets. My 60 wizard is so far unlike any other I have encountered. You can stack dex for dodge, shields for block, vit for life, int for damage, etc. I have a 27% block shield, 20% dodge chance, and 5.5k dps, all with 43k life (with my friend's buff on me). Skill customization is pretty unique as well, since I also have a skill setup that I have yet to see another wizard use, picking skills and runes that I feel compliment my style of being a beefy kiter that still has good burst when someone else has all the aggro...

G

People give D3 good reviews and downplay losing your rights to own a game vs DRM hostage because they don't want to admit they just blew $60-100. Keep on telling us the cartoon graphics are the shiz. How dumber is for the better. You were had for a 12 hour wow hacknslash. Expansion packs all around. We give you trash for cash.

AlderonnX

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I'm glad i didn't buy it.. Click to move and me do not get along at ALL ...I'm looking at LOL when i say this..

And guess what, I'll use my D3 money to buy GW2 and laugh when WoW goes Free 2 play later next year.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hah I know I'll get voted down for this but. I've never had any connection problems. Nor come across any bugs that have forced me to disconnect. I love the game and have spent hours on end in the game.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
This whole game is shit. This is the last $60 Blizzard will ever get from me.
The story sucks, the graphics are horrible, using the auction house makes the game incredibly easy, not using the auction house makes it too hard, no save points and sever-based single player means you can't just save and leave for a bit, the cinematics are sub-par, the voice acting is shit, the dialogue is repetitive... I could go on.

G

Bad graphics? Just barely above the D2 ones? Do you guys even have EYESIGHT?

Laughable lie that is...

Yes, the game is in big trouble, they should just wipe the entire thing after all the hacking/exploiting initial wave is over.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I'm sure d3 is better than d2 but what is it i'm missing about it that people are quitting their MMO's to play d3. And why did it take 12 years to make. Bugs should've all been found givin the long dev time and the beta. Anyway What am i missing here?

I've been playing the game since the 1st day. I got it for free from the WoW annual pass deal. The 1st day it was down for 3.5 hrs. Since then I have had no issues other then some lag from time to time. I think the graphic look great especially on the cinematics. True you can't customize the characters in Diablo but it has always been that way back to the 1st game. I'm really enjoying it I've got one of each class and they range in level from 8 to 27. Everyone I've talked to that plays it thinks its great and by the way all the NPCs (Templars) I equipped with shields and no issues so far.

ang1dust

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
[citation][nom]absorber[/nom]Everyone's acting like 5 year olds yelling at blizzard for bugs and login problems. As Nightsilver rightly points out, it's been two days. I mean come on people, what would you expect? And a temporary bug preventing login isn't game-breaking, that's nonsense. I've played almost all of normal difficulty and it's a good game. Reviewers with more experience know this and have generally given it good press, deservedly so.[/citation]

agreed, its not like you pay a monthly fee... lolz hey look at me i play 15 dollars a month for WOW, RIFT , EQ2, STAR WARS? LOLZ sorry i couldnt say that without laughing... you want to see a horrible game? try the newest star wars....absolutely retarded

vakuma5000

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
The DRM is definately getting under my skin.
But,
I played Diablo I and II and loved both of them. So, I was highly anticipating Diablo 3.

Love playing the game. for now...
But, I'm on the fence about the lack of character customization.
I would prefer something more complex.
Having only one skill per level to choose from and no character points (strength, dexterity, intelligence...) is very underwhelming.

However... I DO like being able to swap my skills at a moments notice.
Allowing me to go from skills that hit multiple enemies at once, to skills that do massive single-target damage, as needed.

Question - Does the GOOD (skill swapability) outweigh the BAD (less choices and less risk)?
Answer - I'm not sure yet. I am enjoying the game so far....
But it's wearing me down...
Then, factor in the stupid DRM and the diminished replayability....
Blizzard may have suceeded in ruining one of the most highly anticipated games of the year...

stalker7d7

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
[citation][nom]hallowed_dragon[/nom]Wow...what a game breaking bug /sarcasm.[/citation]

I guess you didn't understand that it wouldn't let those people back into the game, did you? It literally broke their game until blizzard fixed it.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I guess after all this time in development I was expecting something revolutionary. I thought they would redefine the genre but it seems to be more of the same old thing. I am not impressed by the graphics and the gameplay is as simplistic as it gets.

fonetix

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
With Blizzard's fat bank accounts (milked from the WoW fanboys) being highly conducive to allowing sifficient budgeting, one would think Bliz would have thought ahead about server loading and perhaps even some QA before releasing a hyped cash-cow.

Did not a single playtester even try to equip a shield on his/her Warrior companion? Surely, equipping a companion with gear would be a logical action a player would take. Even more so considering that a Warrior companion might eventually be equipped with a shield.
It's not as if playerX might try to equip a Rogue companion with a double-handed sword and force him to backstab with it.

Blizzard can't really be believed that they've made this for the fans. I think the rationale went something like this:
"Hmm, well we've stumbled upon an awesome IP here with this whole Diablo thing. Let's just make the fans wait until we feel like getting around to it. Developing two games at once is probably beyond our collective IQ's anyways. And the great win-win here is that the longer we take to release another Diablo, the more the fans are likely to just buy it regardless of if it's actually ready for release or not. Woot! Another cash-cow doods!".

Personally, I'll just play some other worthwhile games for now and see if I'll get round to playing Diablo one day. Who knows, we'll probably get a fixed copy to play offline, just like we did with SC2.

The lols is on Blizzard here, I'm not paying for a hyped-up unfinished product.

betscarpa

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
After more than 200 hours of gameplay, I can objectively say that this game has mixed feelings
http://diablo3goldfarmen.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.