[SOLVED] Game Controller not working on PC

Dec 26, 2019
I am losing my mind right now. I recently downloaded CODE VEIN and it is meant to be used with a controller. I thought that would be no big deal so I grabbed my Nintendo switch wired controller and waited for it to boot up. The controller was not sending inputs to the pc. I check to make sure that the PC is detecting the controller and it is. The computer just cant read the inputs. I wondered if it was the controller so I swapped to my DS4 and got the same issue. If anyone knows how or why this would happen that would be amazing. it isnt a steam issue, it is a windows or me error.

Solution
Windows 10?

Try running the built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot

Also check the Gaming options
open steam, find your game there, right click it and select properties
at bottom of general tab, change steam input setting to force on
then go to main steam settings and go to controller settings, it should open in big picture mode. your controller should appear there if its connected. make sure guide button focuses on steam is selected, then check for appropriate check box for your controller (xbox/ps/etc)
then u can go back and close it
then enter game

Dec 26, 2019
open steam, find your game there, right click it and select properties
at bottom of general tab, change steam input setting to force on
then go to main steam settings and go to controller settings, it should open in big picture mode. your controller should appear there if its connected. make sure guide button focuses on steam is selected, then check for appropriate check box for your controller (xbox/ps/etc)
then u can go back and close it
then enter game
Didn't work. Like I said, even in the windows controller thing it recognizes it and will try to use it but when I calibrate 0 inputs go through. I do not think it is a steam issue.

Dec 26, 2019
I dont know if this helps at all but it just confuses me more. On Steam BPM I can press a button on the controller and the buttons on BPM will change at the bottom but will not actually use the inputs of the buttons. It knows the controller is working and refuses to accept it. It's taunting me at this point

I am losing my mind right now. I recently downloaded CODE VEIN and it is meant to be used with a controller. I thought that would be no big deal so I grabbed my Nintendo switch wired controller and waited for it to boot up. The controller was not sending inputs to the pc. I check to make sure that the PC is detecting the controller and it is. The computer just cant read the inputs. I wondered if it was the controller so I swapped to my DS4 and got the same issue. If anyone knows how or why this would happen that would be amazing. it isnt a steam issue, it is a windows or me error.
Are the switch controllers compatible with steam? I’ve always used Xbox ones so have no idea.