Question Game controller sensitivity or deadzone issue ?

Jul 20, 2018
i recently bought a generic xbox 360 styled gamepad, installed all the provided drivers but now im facing an issue with the sensitivity.

first of all there's a delay or block due to which i cant get an output by slightly moving the analog sticks, but after i get the output (when i move the stick a certain distance) i can slowly bring it near resting point, move it around and that input is detected by the game/app.

second, a full/max input is registered when i move my sticks only a little after it starts registering, maybe halfway through, this is really annoying as it's difficult to find a middle ground due to lack of surface area.

so for example in a racing game, when i need fine inputs i try to move the left stick just a little but get no output so i try moving the stick more ever so slightly. and by the time i get the output, moving even a few millimeters more seems to trigger a full rotation of the steering wheel i.e max input, and the stick still has quite a lot of space remaining to move.

no it's not a case of the axes behaving as on/off switches or buttons, i can get fine movements if i move the stick gently just after crossing deadzone (as seen on windows game controllers>properties>test tab) but moving it just a bit above or near the edge triggers the maximum input.

Ralston18

Titan
Where did you purchase the generic gamepad?

Any sort of brand name or logo? Part number, etc...

Are you sure that the gamepad was new and not refurbished?

My thought is that the gamepad is simply not well made and/or substandard in some manner.

May never have even been factory tested before packing and shipping.

Are you able to return the gamepad?

Jul 20, 2018
Where did you purchase the generic gamepad?

Any sort of brand name or logo? Part number, etc...

Are you sure that the gamepad was new and not refurbished?

My thought is that the gamepad is simply not well made and/or substandard in some manner.

May never have even been factory tested before packing and shipping.

Are you able to return the gamepad?

1) amazon

2) brand is cosmic byte, model is interstellar. https://www.amazon.in/Cosmic-Byte-C1070T-Interstellar-Rubberized/dp/B07336WDNJ

i have seen this issue being reported before here in the forums aswell. i can use the controller fine, it's just that the analog sticks reach max input before the sticks themselves are pushed all the way.

i'm afraid i wont be able to return/replace it

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately there may not be much that can be done.

No calibration options, no drivers with pure dependence on plug n play etc. indicates that the manufacturer/seller has made no real investment in the product line.

The next generation may simply be a different color or otherwise stylized to look more flashly. No real value added.

Quality matters and if you were (or are) able to compare the Interstellar Controller to other well known established products you would probably discover physiclly similar devices.

The base fact that there are so many similar controllers on the market means pressure on pricing and manufacturers do everything they can to cut costs.

Even formerly "good" controllers (like many other products) are becoming less reliable and more subject to poor design, cheap components, and end assembly.

One possible solution is to try drivers from other controllers. Especially if you discover that the Interstellar Controller is exactly the same as controller "X" that does have its' own drivers.

Just be careful about where you get the drivers.....

TRENDING THREADS