Question Game crashes when I switch it to windowed-fullscreen ?

ziga.vodnjov

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
Summary of problem: When I Play game on fullscreen works normaly, then I switch to windowed-fullscreen it drops to 7 FPS and then crashes (also GPU driver crashes) ?

Hi! I have this problem for a long time. But now I looked a liitle more and found out that: whatever game I play, if I play in fullscreen works wery well, then when I switch to windowedfullsreen the game and all monitors just crash in blinking for a sec. then some games says "GPU driver crash". Especially today when game is crash, aslo all my monitory went out and it just blash creen (same as no screen conncted).

After 1 min other 2 monitors came back and after a little more time came back also my main monitor. After that I finaly just reset pc and then work all fine. But soon will be same story repeat! Gpu temps are not exceed 70 degrees. and other componets also. My pc is: ryzen 9 3900x, 16 GB 3200 mhz (in bios 2133mhz) WHY? Because I dont know now....what crasing gpu, ram, cpu or my life. I already switch motherboard and all problems are same. so....

GPU: Asus 2070S,
500 m.2 kingston,
motherboard (second): gigabye d450m ds3h v2 (main: asus tuf gaming x570),
psu 700w be quiet.

All bios are letest, drivers letest, windows was fresh install (also on other ssd). I tried all things, but my problem is still here! How can I check if my GPU is ok, or whatever? Or can be my memory problem (momory is G-skill and it is new)? I dont know now! If you have any idea, please help!

also I have video of crashing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b1tZXUUD8Sfqpx_PrnA4HgawEQeAiAXc/view?usp=sharing .

Lutfij

Titan
The problem seems to be primarily with the game, given how you're asked to go the site in that message box. Regardless, let's see if we can resolve it.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

700W is the wattage while Be Quiet! is the brand, what series is the unit from, i.e, it's model?

I tried all things
What did you try? So we're not repeating the steps that hasn't worked for you.

Seeing how you're on Windows 10, courtesy of the video, what version of the OS are you on? By latest BIOS what version of BIOS are you on for your motherboard? You've stated two motherboard, did you reinstall the OS after the new motherboard was used?

Reactions: ziga.vodnjov