Question Game stuttering Unplayable- Unable to work out hardware issue

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
So as the title suggests some of my games, specifically warzone 2.0, is stuttering to the point is completely unplayable.

CPU AND GPU Latencys are always below 10Ms, Usage on both are below 70% (The cpu is barely surpassing 10%) and the framerate itself is sitting at 70-100 FPS

I believe it could be one of the below issues-
RAM- I am using around 12gb of the 16 when playing (It is also 2400MHZ and single channell)
PSU- I have a kolink 500W PSU that is 5 or so years old. Possible underpowering the cpu? But i have not had this issue with any other game
Windows 11 could be the issue?

I run at 1440p, play other games like Overwatch, Forza, PubG, God of war and do not have this issue

On geforce Expericnce performance stats "Average PC latency" goes high, above 50MS. But this is different to render latency which is fine, I am unable to determine what Average PC latency is based on.

MY SPECS
CORE I5 13600K 14 CORE
RTX OC 3060 12GB
16GB DDR4 2400MHZ SINGLE CHANNEL
GIGABYTE ZL90D ATX MOTHERBOARD
KOLINK 500W PSU
125GB 2.5 SSD
1TB HDD 7200 RPM

The RTX 3060 is definitely a bottleneck to my system, but it is not so much that it makes a game unplayable.

Any help appreciated
Many thanks
MATT

Hey there,

RAM- I am using around 12gb of the 16 when playing (It is also 2400MHZ and single channell)
PSU- I have a kolink 500W PSU that is 5 or so years old

These are your issues. You are hobbling that system with slow, single channel memory. Just get a 2 x 8gb or 2 x 16 kit (they are so cheap nowadays) and you will see a big difference.

Your PSU is junk. Swap that out before it does damage to your system! It's also underpowered for your CPU/GPU combo. The recommended is 550w, but that's a 550w that's good. Not that junk Kolink.

Edit: Actually I found a pic of that PSU, and it doesn't even provide 450w of continuous power. Uggh. Get rid.

Last edited: