[SOLVED] Games are freezing or black screening then crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2020
I have no Idea what could be causing this as I have just built this system and not very technical but here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz with stock cooler
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi (rev 1.0) full atx board
Ram: 8gbx2 of Gskill Ripjaws V 3200mhz
SSD: WD Blue 1tb
GPU: Msi Radeon Armor Rx580 8gb OC
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700w 80+ white

I have played Rainbow Six Siege and COD Warzone and it crashes at various points first either black screening on warzone and then crashing or freezing and crashing on R6s and I suspect its the gpu as I got it from a friend which was the only non new part and he said he had issues with it but it might not be. I have blue screened quite a few time and only twice have I paid attention to the actual error message and one dealing with Kernel error and fixing it then one with Kmode exception not handled. I have tried benchmarking on directx 11 and no issues no crashing or anything. Maybe a directx12 issue or gpu issue? I have updated chipset drivers, didnt feel like updating bios bc its the 2nd newest version and the newest relates to 3rd gen ryzen anyway, and I have the newest radeon drivers installed. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Solution
You could try reverting the drivers back to 20.4.2 as that’s recommend and seems to be the most stable version currently but that’s all I could offer
May 27, 2020
You could try reverting the drivers back to 20.4.2 as that’s recommend and seems to be the most stable version currently but that’s all I could offer

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.