[SOLVED] Games crashing as soon as I run them but my system still runs fine

Jul 31, 2019
I have only had this problem as of recently and had tried everything. As soon as I run a game on my PC, it crashes right away. I have tried updating my drivers and checking for any other errors within my system but it all seems to be running fine. As soon as I run a game on my PC it just crashes after about 20 seconds without any error code or message. I can;t seem to find anything online about my issue

System:

CPU: i5-6600k
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 3000Mhz 2x8GB
GPU: MSI GAMING GTX 1070 TI 8GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 550 G3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Ultra-Gaming

Solution
I only run mods from the steam workshop on Black ops 3 and that's it, otherwise all my games are completely free of mods
So a couple things , since I'm sure this is game related and not hardware related .
Run you're games as adamin
If you've gotten new virus protection , make sure you're games are in the exception folder/list
Return game settings to default
Try a clean boot to see if something is interfering .
That's all I have to offer ; if you've already tried all this , sorry I couldn't be more help

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
I have only had this problem as of recently and had tried everything. As soon as I run a game on my PC, it crashes right away. I have tried updating my drivers and checking for any other errors within my system but it all seems to be running fine. As soon as I run a game on my PC it just crashes after about 20 seconds without any error code or message. I can;t seem to find anything online about my issue

System:

CPU: i5-6600k
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 3000Mhz 2x8GB
GPU: MSI GAMING GTX 1070 TI 8GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 550 G3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Ultra-Gaming
Where are you sourcing the game from ? Have you thought perhaps it's the game more so then the system ?

*Edit - Also what game in question ? Is it multiple games ?

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
There's plenty. Some examples would be: Call of Duty Black Ops III, Sea of Thieves, Grand Theft Auto V, Forza Horizon 4, and even The Sims (I know its on Origin). That's just a few of the games that I have issues with, it would take too long to type them all out
Are you running mods for any of the games ? I was just reading an article where steam mods we're interfering with running other games . Same situation as you basically .

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
I only run mods from the steam workshop on Black ops 3 and that's it, otherwise all my games are completely free of mods
So a couple things , since I'm sure this is game related and not hardware related .
Run you're games as adamin
If you've gotten new virus protection , make sure you're games are in the exception folder/list
Return game settings to default
Try a clean boot to see if something is interfering .
That's all I have to offer ; if you've already tried all this , sorry I couldn't be more help

Solution