Question Games hard freezing and storage disappearing?

dulix11

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
Hello

I have run into this issue where when I am playing games my computer will hard freeze and require me to suffocate it. Once since this has happened, I had a BSOD upon restart.

My specs are pretty decent, I have heard that issues like this may be a RAM related fault but so far I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic and MemTest which didn't reveal anything of concern. Does having XMP enabled cause any discrepancies like this?

Arma III and Chivalry 2 will display "games crashed unexpectedly" even when I exit the game without issue.

Once when this happened, Discord was still working, could hear others and they could hear me, but I couldn't minimize, CTRL ALT DEL or Alt f4. Just frozen ingame.

Another issue I have been experiencing is occasionally upon restarting my computer one of my drives will be missing, along with whatever files were stored on there, I have to restart to get it to appear again. Storage test software hasn't revealed anything of concern.

Specs:
cpu: i7 9700k
mobo: MSI Z390 Gaming Plus
RAM: 32gb G.skill ripjaws 3200mhz ddr4
gpu: geforce 3060ti
ssd with issues: samsung 870 qvo 2tb
psu: cooler master 1000w platinum

Please help! TIA

Hello

I have run into this issue where when I am playing games my computer will hard freeze and require me to suffocate it. Once since this has happened, I had a BSOD upon restart.

My specs are pretty decent, I have heard that issues like this may be a RAM related fault but so far I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic and MemTest which didn't reveal anything of concern. Does having XMP enabled cause any discrepancies like this?

Arma III and Chivalry 2 will display "games crashed unexpectedly" even when I exit the game without issue.

Once when this happened, Discord was still working, could hear others and they could hear me, but I couldn't minimize, CTRL ALT DEL or Alt f4. Just frozen ingame.

Another issue I have been experiencing is occasionally upon restarting my computer one of my drives will be missing, along with whatever files were stored on there, I have to restart to get it to appear again. Storage test software hasn't revealed anything of concern.

Specs:
cpu: i7 9700k
mobo: MSI Z390 Gaming Plus
RAM: 32gb G.skill ripjaws 3200mhz ddr4
gpu: geforce 3060ti
ssd with issues: samsung 870 qvo 2tb
psu: cooler master 1000w platinum

Please help! TIA
Have you checked disk(s) and file system health ?