Nov 7, 2019
Hello,
Im currently running a windows 10 PC with a GTX 1080 8GB GPU and a 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)' processor, ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E, 64-bit.
Im having the problem where every 30 or so seconds to a minute, games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 freeze for like 5 seconds, and with battlefield V every few seconds for half a second. No matter what graphics i put it on nothing much changes, and its not an FPS problem as it runs perfectly fine on full ultra all games. Also my RAM is 16GB of DDR4. I don't know if the problem is that the CPU is not good enough for the GPU or a RAM issue. The recommended hardware for Red Dead 2 is Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X and GTX 1060 6GB and 8GB of DDR4, which im pretty sure is all worse than what i have in all categories.

Any replies for a fix are appreciated, thankyou!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
BF5 is very cpu intensive and can see high cpu usages even on hex core cpus. Lowering frame rates may help cpu by not having to pre-render as many and allocate more resource to other aspects of the game and hopefully not stutter as much. Msi Afterburner can limit fps.

Regarding Read Dead, it's a hot topic atm and it's a huge debacle.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ly-becoming-irrelevant.3542483/#post-21397438

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
RDD2 tells you right off the bat that it's thread heavy, and not so reliant on ipc/clock speeds. I7-4770k and R5-1500x are both older, slower, lower end 4 core/8 thread cpus. Where the importance is on the threads. Even throwing a somewhat faster i5-7600k into the mix, you are still 4 threads short, and thats going to create backlog.