[SOLVED] Games Stuttering with RX 6500 XT + i3 9100F

Feb 9, 2022
Brothers, I have seen youtube video
"" The Division 2 on Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz RX 6500 XT 1080p Low "" Here his CPU usage is almost 100% most of the time yet the game is not stuttering and feels smooth. But in my case my games stutters with CPU 70%-80% usages with RX 6500 XT.

I can play
** Forza Horizon 5: 2k + Medium Settings (with VSR) With 60 FPS Locked with Vsync
** Forza Horizon 4: 4k + Medium Settings (with VSR) 60 FPS Locked with Vsync - Smooth
** Rage 2: 1080p Ultra Settings - Smooth
** AC Valhalla 1080p Medium Setttings 50-60 fps yet the game feels smooth
** Cyberpunk 2077: 1080p Medium - 30-40 fps yet feels smooth

But when I want to play
** Watch Dogs 2 at any settings - Not playable

Far Cry 5 / Far Cry New Dawn: Game has more then 60 fps. At 1080p 80-90 FPS. And at 2k 50-7 0FPS. Ups and Downs a lot and the the games feels Laggy and Stuttering.
Sometime the games runs at 60-65 fps. but after a while the is like capped bellow 50 fps and stuttering. In the mean time cpu usage is also little high

My specs:
** Processor: Intel i3 9100F
** Cooler: Stock Cooler
** Motherboard: MSI H310M Pro VHD
** Ram: Apacer 8 GB 26666 + Transcend 4 GB 2666 = 12 GB 2666 Bus (Different Brand)
** PSU: Gigabyte B450 Watt
** GPU: RX 6500 XT
** Operating System on SSD
** Games on 1 TB HDD Toshiba (100% Health and Performance - Also I tried games on SSD, But no difference)
** Monitor: HP 2010F

Using my monitor with a Brand HDMI to DVI Cable (Considering that low quality conveter may trouble performanc I bought a Brand HDMI to DVI cable as my monitor have no HDMI monitor)
Operating Temp GPU mostly bellow 65 Degree
CPU is more then 70- 75 - 76 Degree
Can you figure out what's happening with me?

I'm sorry I may not explain things properly. Please let me know if you need any other information. and please help me if you can guess what is actually trouble me?

Solution
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Im guessing part of the problem is probably that your RAM is not working in dual channel, since its two different modules, brand and model (Ram: Apacer 8 GB 26666 + Transcend 4 GB 2666 = 12 GB 2666 Bus (Different Brand) )

You can donwload CPU-Z (the zip file is more than enough, no need to install the program), Run the program, go to Memory tab and check whats next to the label: "Channel #". If its single then you are most likely losing some performance because of that.

I will try to post a video I saw about this soon....

This is one of the most newer ones I could found:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924DNcai3Sk
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Im guessing part of the problem is probably that your RAM is not working in dual channel, since its two different modules, brand and model (Ram: Apacer 8 GB 26666 + Transcend 4 GB 2666 = 12 GB 2666 Bus (Different Brand) )

You can donwload CPU-Z (the zip file is more than enough, no need to install the program), Run the program, go to Memory tab and check whats next to the label: "Channel #". If its single then you are most likely losing some performance because of that.

I will try to post a video I saw about this soon....

This is one of the most newer ones I could found:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924DNcai3Sk

Last edited:
Solution