Question Gaming Causes PC to Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2023
I recently built a computer and found that after a while, the game freezes but I still have audio. Usually, the entire screen freezes then the audio cuts about 1 minute later. Moments after that, the text on the screen turns red. I can’t move in game and my keyboard and mouse are completely useless. After about 10 minutes my entire computer resets, and after that point, whenever I try to play a game, it continues to happen. My CPU is 32 degrees idle and 65ish when playing. My GPU sits around 60 degrees or less in game. I’m worried it could be caused by overheating but I’m completely unsure. I don’t know what could cause it to completely freeze up like that after a bit of gaming. I have seen that it could be caused by the graphics in game being too low, but that was based off one reply. Any insight or help is welcomed.
Specs-
Corsair RMX850x
Noctua NH-U12S
GeForce RTX 4070ti
Intel i9- 11900k
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8 GB
MPG Z590 Gaming Force
Crucial P5 Plus 1Tb

D

Deleted member 2731765

I’m worried it could be caused by overheating but I’m completely unsure.

Nope, you are definitely not experiencing any overheating, since those temp values are all within safe and acceptable margin. Problem might be elsewhere. Did you also do a clean format/install of the Windows OS after you built this computer ?

You are using 4 memory Modules ? Also scan your PC for any malware/virus, just in case the OS is infected. Which games are you playing ?

Jun 2, 2023
I recently built a computer and found that after a while, the game freezes but I still have audio. Usually, the entire screen freezes then the audio cuts about 1 minute later. Moments after that, the text on the screen turns red. I can’t move in game and my keyboard and mouse are completely useless. After about 10 minutes my entire computer resets, and after that point, whenever I try to play a game, it continues to happen. My CPU is 32 degrees idle and 65ish when playing. My GPU sits around 60 degrees or less in game. I’m worried it could be caused by overheating but I’m completely unsure. I don’t know what could cause it to completely freeze up like that after a bit of gaming. I have seen that it could be caused by the graphics in game being too low, but that was based off one reply. Any insight or help is welcomed.
Specs-
Corsair RMX850x
Noctua NH-U12S
GeForce RTX 4070ti
Intel i9- 11900k
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8 GB
MPG Z590 Gaming Force
Crucial P5 Plus 1Tb
If you have conflicting software installed on your PC, it can also cause crashes. This is especially common if you're running multiple antivirus programs or if you've installed a mod for a game that's not compatible with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts