[SOLVED] Gaming is good for your health.. it's proved!

Jan 29, 2021
It is just one of those random thoughts that hit me from time to time. I was wondering what are the actual damages that games can cause to us. I've been looking it up and found out that it's not as bad as it seems to be. In some articles, they even mentioned how good it could be for us to play games (like the 5 good reasons why games are good for you on sheeparcade and also another article I found on ign but I could not find the link again later on sorryyyy). I am honestly just looking for reasons to convince my mom that it's all good and there is nothing to worry about XD.

Solution
You might want to do some searching across the forums, here, you'll come across people who had to sell their PC's to prevent them from playing games because they were on the verge of loosing their jobs, not being able to pay their bills, spending money on the latest and greatest tech and even dropping out of relationships.

Yes there's a bad to every good. The only point is that you need to maintain a balance of how you do things, like balancing the amount of time towards gaming and other me-time activities or responsibilities/agendas.

How old are you again? Her concern is genuine as with all parents who are worried about their children.

The good thing out of gaming is that it's an outlet from the daily grind, it sometimes helps with...

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to do some searching across the forums, here, you'll come across people who had to sell their PC's to prevent them from playing games because they were on the verge of loosing their jobs, not being able to pay their bills, spending money on the latest and greatest tech and even dropping out of relationships.

Yes there's a bad to every good. The only point is that you need to maintain a balance of how you do things, like balancing the amount of time towards gaming and other me-time activities or responsibilities/agendas.

How old are you again? Her concern is genuine as with all parents who are worried about their children.

The good thing out of gaming is that it's an outlet from the daily grind, it sometimes helps with hand/eye co-ordinations(depending on the induvial ofc), encourages folks to look into the gaming industry as a job sector/career path, is also another form of artistic expression.

Solution
It is just one of those random thoughts that hit me from time to time. I was wondering what are the actual damages that games can cause to us. I've been looking it up and found out that it's not as bad as it seems to be. In some articles, they even mentioned how good it could be for us to play games (like the 5 good reasons why games are good for you on sheeparcade and also another article I found on ign but I could not find the link again later on sorryyyy). I am honestly just looking for reasons to convince my mom that it's all good and there is nothing to worry about XD.

All depends on time and energy spent on gaming.

1-2 hrs a day is OK, 3-4-5 or more that a lot of gamers spend, not so much. Raging in games is an issue, temper control, lack of attention due to hopping around games and wanting quick rewards, all end up with long term issues.

One thing I did find in my professional IT work, the better trouble-shooters with knowledge of technology have come from those into gaming, they tend to keep up to new tech and know systems inside out from building their gaming systems. Plus they are often more fun to hang out with during the day and after work which makes for a good team.

Last edited: