[SOLVED] Gaming monitors that don't have problems are impossible to find

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 9, 2021
I have never owned a gaming monitor before and I'm in the market for one. I wanted to get a 240Hz monitor but they don't make em any bigger than 27 inches. The only exception is the odyssey G7 which anywhere you read says the G7 has thousands of problems, from screen tearing to flickering and everything in between. I was looking at 165Hz and 144Hz monitors. I found plenty, but all of them are "VA" monitors, which all have ghosting issues, smudging/smearing. I don't need that when I'm trying to play. Ghosting can be .... well.... somewhat suppressed if you disable gsync. Nope. Not doing that for obvious reasons. Any Non-VA monitors are too small. I have looked everywhere for a monitor that is 144Hz+, is NOT a VA panel, is NOT ultrawide, and is at least 32 inch. I can't find one anywhere. I've been at this for 2 hours now. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Yes, pro level gamers don't care, they just want the refresh rate, and non-pro gamers don't understand why they can't find what they think they need.
It is the common denominator, money.
A large screen that is "pro gamer" feature rich is prohibitively expensive for no gain for the pro and has even been pointed out as detrimental, and again, a waste on someone who thinks they are pro, but aren't.
So the market is too slim.
This is definitely not a case of if you build it they will come. The manufacturers will build whatever sells enough to make it worthwhile, regardless.
Feb 9, 2021

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
Yes, pro level gamers don't care, they just want the refresh rate, and non-pro gamers don't understand why they can't find what they think they need.
It is the common denominator, money.
A large screen that is "pro gamer" feature rich is prohibitively expensive for no gain for the pro and has even been pointed out as detrimental, and again, a waste on someone who thinks they are pro, but aren't.
So the market is too slim.
This is definitely not a case of if you build it they will come. The manufacturers will build whatever sells enough to make it worthwhile, regardless.

Solution
No one uses them because they don't exist. If they existed, people would use them.
Doubtful, the type of person that usually cares for high refresh rate gaming also prefer a monitor on the smaller side so they can sit reasonably close and still get the full monitor within their primary view.
Not many people sit several feet away, and even less like to search around on their own monitor when sitting close up.