Gaming mouse ???

Nitrom

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
I am looking for a gaming mouse and wonder which one is the best for the money. I purchased a RAZER gaming mouse (expensive 56 dollars fiasco)which is incredibly fast but at the same time the speed of the mouse is its defect because sometimes is impossible to control it.
I rather have a cordless mouse if possible.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
ummm, the speed of the mouse is controled by the driver. if you spent 56 bucks to get a faster mouse i got a keyboard you might be interested in, it has a really fast repeat rate.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
ill give you 56 bucks for them if this deal goes through.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
.... interesting thread....

but the mouse hardware DOES control the speed of the mouse. the higher the resolution the fast or more images it can take a second and therefore the faster it can move.

if you have a hi speed mouse and it's jumping and skipping when you move it fast, chances are it's the surface you're trying to use. reflective surfaces or wood surfaces that are finished arent the best.

if its for gaming i recommend a special mousepad intended for it with lots of surface area and good pattern on top

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
no, the capture speed and resolution allows you to move the mouse very fast without strange results. you can see it if you take the mouse and move it really really fast, if you do it fast enough the mouse will actually move the oposite direction. i think its the same phenomenon as the reverse moving wheels you sometimes see on cars on tv shows.

mullen1100

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2002
man yall are confusing me. but Ihave a logitech mx510. and mi extremely happy with it. but go see if you can fnid a sensitivity option in the control panael? I dotn nkow im on a school pc right now and I havent lokoed at the mosue in a while. But upgarde the firmware, try a different surface, or see if you c an find smoe settings.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Due to changes in the specific gravity of the Sol system it is recommended to upgrade your mouse's firmware on a quarterly basis, more often in the case of sunspots and other issues.

And if you see a shooting star - update now and hope its not too late!

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
For real gaming Razer is the only choice. Don't listen to people who preach Logitech G5 or G7. I have a Death Adder and it is by far the best mouse I have ever used. I even like it more than my Copperhead.