Question Gaming on both a high refresh rate G-Sync monitor and a 4K Freesync monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2019
Hello,

I recently purchased a XB271HU, a G-Sync IPS 144hz 1440p monitor, that I'm currently using for gaming. What I wanted to do was pair this with another 4K monitor to use for video production, photo manipulation, etc, but I also wanted to game on it from time to time if I wanted to have the higher resolution for RPGs. I saw one that I liked at Bestbuy, a 27UL600-W monitor, that was a 4K IPS Freesync monitor, so I bought it.

The 144hz monitor didn't seem to have any issues playing any games. My main issue arose when I tried gaming on the 4K Freesync monitor with G-Sync enabled. It would cause the screen to flicker horribly. It was so bad that I ended up just turning off G-Sync.

Is having a Freesync and G-Sync monitor causing the flickering? Do I need to get a 4K G-Sync monitor to pair with the 1440p G-Sync one in order to play on both monitors?

I'm also using a 1080ti with my monitors.

Jun 11, 2019
That monitor (27UL600-W) is not on the compatible list. Some FreeSync monitors don't work with G-SYNC properly.

I am currently using a G-SYNC compatible monitor (AOC ag241qx @ 144Hz) and a new monitor I just picked up (LG 32UL750-W @ 60Hz). While my LG monitor is not listed as G-SYNC Compatible, I was able to turn on G-SYNC and don't have any problems gaming with it on.

I wouldn't think having both a G-SYNC and FreeSync monitor connected would cause issues. The problem might be that particular LG model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.