Aug 27, 2019
Hello fellow pc mechanics! I have a problem here and it has been going on for several days even weeks now. My gaming computer shuts off at random times and then tries to reboot itself. The lights in my pc will turn on then off after a few seconds. When I leave it alone for a few hours everything will work for a short amount of times or even a few days then it will shut off and try to turn back on again. I thought it was the psu but I have a brand new one installed. I mainly thought that I had a faulty ram, so I bought brand new ram and it was working just fine for about 3 days then it went back to doing the same thing! I am really upset with my pc and I once took it to igeek and they said it was software problems so they installed a brand new windows 10 on my computer and even said it didn’t turn off after a day of it being on, but when I got it back home it continued to do the same thing! I honestly don’t know what it is!? CPU? Ram? PSU? Overheating problems? Faulty Wire? Can someone please help me!

Specs:
•i7-6700k 4Ghz (no overclock)
•Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
•MSI B250M Gaming Pro
•Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200 MHz 2x8/16GB
•120GB PNY SSD
•1TB Seagate HHD
•NZXT H500i ATX Mid Tower Case
•Corsair CX650M PSU

Solution
"I honestly don’t know what it is!? CPU? Ram? PSU? Overheating problems? Faulty Wire? Can someone please help me! "

really could be any of those. Any component, hdd, motherboard, or even an external USB connected peripheral, anything that is shorting out and pulling down the psu. Take it all apart and reseat every component for a start. Even remove it from the case and test it on a bench. Sometimes things like this arent an easy fix, just need to start eliminating things one at a time.
Aug 27, 2019
I honestly can’t even turn on my back on without it trying to turn off again I probably have to wait a few minutes! I do have those programs installed! I bought new ram like 3 days ago and it was working just fine! I left it on for 3 days and it didn’t turn off till today.....

Aug 27, 2019
I think its a temperature problem, can you use hwinfo or speccy to follow your temperature under load?

I managed to turn it on for about 4 minutes before it shut off. I got some speccy information though!

CPU - 30 Celsius
Mother - 31 C
Graphics - 30 C

I noticed the CPU was bouncing from 21 to 31 is that normal?

"I honestly don’t know what it is!? CPU? Ram? PSU? Overheating problems? Faulty Wire? Can someone please help me! "

really could be any of those. Any component, hdd, motherboard, or even an external USB connected peripheral, anything that is shorting out and pulling down the psu. Take it all apart and reseat every component for a start. Even remove it from the case and test it on a bench. Sometimes things like this arent an easy fix, just need to start eliminating things one at a time.

Reactions: SleezyPhresh
Solution
Aug 27, 2019

Should I try to just unplug and plug things when I try to turn it on to see what the problem is? Like testing all different components?