GeForce GTX Titan LE GPU-Z Information Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavetrex

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Makes no sense. With those specifications it will be very close in performance to a slightly overclocked 7970 GE, which costs just 450$.

It would only be somewhat useful for number crunchers, as a graphics card this would be totally pointless.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
There is a major problem happening in the industry right now, there are no reasons to buy such expensive videcards anylonger, as no one is developing any worthy game to take advantage. If Nvidia can perhaps shed some of its billion dollar coffers to stimulate proper gaming dev studios to take advantage of needing a Titan, then hey! they might sell more than 100pcs northamerican wide this year. Too bad there is no greasing between the GPU makers and Software developers, all we have is, hey! here's a $30 coupon if you buy 'that' game! PS4 is coming this fall, none of these articles matter to most, anymore.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]There is a major problem happening in the industry right now, there are no reasons to buy such expensive videcards anylonger, as no one is developing any worthy game to take advantage.[/citation]
I assure you, had Nvidia priced Titan Proper at $500, it would have sold like hot cakes.

The reason not to buy such an expensive card is that it's overpriced.

StrangeDaze

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
I agree. They should take a page from Steam sales i.e., 10000 units at $1000 is WAY less than 100000 at $500. But I'm just an engineer with common sense, what can we know about marketing and sales?

I assure you, had Nvidia priced Titan Proper at $500, it would have sold like hot cakes.

The reason not to buy such an expensive card is that it's overpriced.

+1

There's a clear price/performance line up to $250, but cards get more and more overpriced from there up. (I realize this is normal, but it's especially bad this generation, especially since these cards are nearing a year old.) If the GTX Titan had been released at a "reasonable" $599 or so, Nvidia could've taken the opportunity to shake up both vendors' product stacks - and taken a huge lead in sales, even in the light of the Never Settles. 690: $750, 680: $350, 670: $300, 660Ti: $250 - included with the changes they've made to the prices of their lower-range cards, it could've been a landslide with AMD scrambling.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]StrangeDaze[/nom]I agree. They should take a page from Steam sales i.e., 10000 units at $1000 is WAY less than 100000 at $500. But I'm just an engineer with common sense, what can we know about marketing and sales?[/citation]

die size and cost to make that die... i forget what titan is suppose to be but i remember the math telling me it was somewhat reasonable.

its sli performance without sli problems.

[citation][nom]jessterman21[/nom]+1 If the GTX Titan had been released at a "reasonable" $599 or so, Nvidia could've taken the opportunity to shake up both vendors' product stacks - and taken a huge lead in sales, even in the light of the Never Settles. 690: $750, 680: $350, 670: $300, 660Ti: $250 - included with the changes they've made to the prices of their lower-range cards, it could've been a landslide with AMD scrambling.[/citation]
I would argue that Nvidia already has a huge lead in sales, even with the current prices, and that the "Never Settle" bundle is already an indication of AMD scrambling to keep up. Titan is sold out, the Titan LE will sell out, and the GTX 660 through GTX 680 have all outsold their AMD counterparts by 2 to 1, including 2 to 1 gains in March 2013 at the height of the Never Settle campaign. We all want lower prices, but it just doesn't make sense from that perspective. Unfortunately, AMD needs to be even more competitive, if that's even possible, before we see any real change.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/?sort=pct
http://ycharts.com/companies/AMD/profit_margin
http://ycharts.com/companies/NVDA/profit_margin

royalcrown

Distinguished
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]There is a major problem happening in the industry right now, there are no reasons to buy such expensive videcards anylonger, as no one is developing any worthy game to take advantage. If Nvidia can perhaps shed some of its billion dollar coffers to stimulate proper gaming dev studios to take advantage of needing a Titan, then hey! they might sell more than 100pcs northamerican wide this year. Too bad there is no greasing between the GPU makers and Software developers, all we have is, hey! here's a $30 coupon if you buy 'that' game! PS4 is coming this fall, none of these articles matter to most, anymore.[/citation]

I wouldn't give this guy a thumbs down necessarily, I have a gtx 680 and no good games for it yet. I mean come on BF3 at 100 fps...whee..40 fps is fine. Most of the public servers are gone anyhow and there are about 2 good ones left. All the good game releases are set around October if they don't get pushed back. Yes, I preordered ARMA 3, but what else is there to play NOW that needs a 680...nothing except metro 2033 because it's so screwy GPU wise.

royalcrown

Distinguished
The reason they are releasing a TITAN LE is to use some of their TITAL GPUs that have a defect. They aren't going to throw them in the trash. We wouldn't have things like the GTX 660 and such if the yields were perfect.

G

$600 is the most I will go on a single card. Was hoping for that price on the lower end Titan but I will wait for the 780 this Fall.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-New-Graphics-Performance-Metric

NOT OVERPRICED:

People keep saying the Titan is "overpriced" (and now the LE version), but how can it be "overpriced" if every Titan is sold out?

People should be saying "Price to Performance ratio is high" but a card is only overpriced if they can't sell them.

[citation][nom]wavetrex[/nom]Makes no sense. With those specifications it will be very close in performance to a slightly overclocked 7970 GE, which costs just 450$.It would only be somewhat useful for number crunchers, as a graphics card this would be totally pointless.[/citation]

I gave you a plus, BUT I don't agree the HD7970 can be overclocked to par with it. But yeah, still not worth the price.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]matto17secs[/nom]Since the Titan is sold out everywhere, it's difficult to say that it is overpriced from a marketing and sales perspective.[/citation]
[citation][nom]photonboy[/nom]NOT OVERPRICED:people keep saying the Titan is "overpriced" (and now the LE version), but how can it be "overpriced" if every Titan is sold out?People should be saying "Price to Performance ratio is high" but a card is only overpriced if they can't sell them.[/citation]
I get what you're trying to say, but being sold out is also dependent on the supply and not just the demand.

If there were fewer Titans made, then they'll get sold out quickly, there are 7 billion people on the planet, after all, someone's got to have enough enough cash!

"Overpriced" = "Charge too high a price for".

It's overpriced if they're charging very high margins on it, like they are for the 680, which has a smaller die than the 560 (332 sq mm).

Consider this, the 580/570 have a 520 sq. mm die, the Titan has a 550 sq. mm die and the 680 has a 294 sq mm die.

I know the costs aren't comparable on a 1:1 basis, but i do think material costs are cheaper/same. The 680 is 53% of the Titan's size, and cost is comparably lower.

alidan will do the math for us, maybe :p

Rabin Pro

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Mass production of these cards are quite cheap. Its like buying a kg of wheat for 10 bucks and selling 200 grams bread for 100 bucks. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.