GeForce GTX Titan Z: Dual GK110 Makes 5,760 Core Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronmc

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I'm confused by this. It appears to be a dual-GPU Titan, which isn't unexpected in itself, but it costs 50% more than two Titan cards. In all likelihood, two Titans will have a larger performance envelope than this card will, meaning that the only reason to buy this card will be to save space in a multi-card arrangement. Is it really worth $1000-$2000 to save some space? This argument seems even more pertinent when one considers that the target market for this card is probably CGI artists who want greater rendering capacity in their already-large desktops, and not gamers who want MOAR POWRZ!1! I'm not one to cast aspersions, but this seems like greed on Nvidia's part.

MaxxBot

Honorable
May 7, 2013
"I *might* have spent 1400-1600 for this card, not 3k..."I agree, it seems silly to price out the enthusiasts while most serious professionals are going to use the Tesla for ECC and other reasons. As someone who wants DP computing with decent price/performance I think I'll need to look to AMD eventually to get what I want.

scabzy

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I am getting sick of all the tards who think this is a gaming card and make fun of it price.
wait, wait, wait this isnt a gaming card ? what is it then smarty?and dont say Pro, that would be stupid, because if it was they would have named it Quadro.luxury/collector ? that would be stupid too, it's a reference cooler, there is no added value on craftsmanship, and you cannot create a luxury item just by adding value out of thin air, Asus RoG is luxury collector, not this reference crap of a card with 2000$ inexistant Value.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Wow, $3000... costs as much as my entire setup. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of ~$2000. People will have to sell a kidney just to get one :p

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Surely this is just 6GB per GPU? If so, then it's a 6GB card, not 12GB. Really
getting tired of this marketing fluff of quoting RAM capacities of dual-GPU cards
as being the sum of the RAM for each GPU. Doesn't work that way. Unless of
course this is a different configuration entirely, like a single shared 12GB pool,
but that's very unlikely (otherwise, the PR would have made a lot more noise
about such a thing). As for those moaning about price, etc., it's not aimed at
gamers, period, so please give it a rest. It's for solo-professionals and SMBs
who can't afford Tesla but want something better for dp compute and large
RAM. It still lacks various features of Tesla, but the appeal is obvious if you
understand the market subtleties, which many here clearly don't.

Ian.

mgilbert

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
By the time Adbook gets done with it, none of the games will be playable, because of constant, intrusive ads. This is a sad day for what was promising to be a great new technology. I hate Adbook, and no, I do not have an account.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I am getting sick of all the tards who think this is a gaming card and make fun of it price.
Agreed.Anybody questioning the value of this type of card, has likely never run a professional application on a consumer card. The difference is striking...

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I'm confused by this. It appears to be a dual-GPU Titan, which isn't unexpected in itself, but it costs 50% more than two Titan cards. In all likelihood, two Titans will have a larger performance envelope than this card will, meaning that the only reason to buy this card will be to save space in a multi-card arrangement. Is it really worth $1000-$2000 to save some space? This argument seems even more pertinent when one considers that the target market for this card is probably CGI artists who want greater rendering capacity in their already-large desktops, and not gamers who want MOAR POWRZ!1! I'm not one to cast aspersions, but this seems like greed on Nvidia's part.
Yes it might be worth it to save some space.If your server rack can house only 32 GPUs, and suddenly you can double your performance (or more) by changing to these GPUs, than it might be worth it to save possibly rented floor space, in an expensive data center, or just simply to get the job done quicker.It is not like the previous cards you remove will be worthless on the second-hand market...

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I seriously doubt Nvidia is making any money off this card. I mean think about it the 7990 took a ton of work and time to make possible and the 780Ti uses MORE energy. It just annoys me that Nvidia is clearly making this card JUST so they can say they have the strongest card.Maybe AMD should just make a triple R9 290X for $3000 (Even if they can only make 100). Then they could claim the "Strongest" card...

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Price wise, buy a quadro lol. gaming wise total insult and joke at the same time. yep it will drop in price, 12 gigs pointless, and yes people will buy it but that's it.Great specs, but for what your paying nope. its overpriced. $1999 and maybe we can talk business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS