GeForce GTX Titan Z: Dual GK110 Makes 5,760 Core Monster

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

Some professionals, you mean. For certain types of pro task, cards like this are not remotely suitable,
because in many cases having ECC RAM is absolutely essential, eg. accelerating financial transactions.

I agree with you about the pricing, but it's not the Quadros that pro users want to get, even though they
are indeed costly, rather it's the Tesla cards that are in demand but out of reach for many. Titan is an
entry Tesla, but it has too many features missing to be suitable for every pro task. Depends on what one
is doing. It can be ok for development work, but often not viable in a production environment.

Ian.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

Probably, but I can't imagine why you'd want to. SLI implies a gaming scenario, in which case 4-way 6GB 780
makes more sense, or quad-290X, or quad-780Ti if 3GB per GPU is ok.

Ian.

logainofhades

Titan
The card is a monster and the price is crazy. For a gamer, it is pointless unless you want the ultimate Mini-ITX gaming rig. For people that use these for work, and space is limited, they make perfect sense. If you only have room for a single pc, in a particular area, and need the GPU muscle, these are a good idea.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Oh you have no need to be modest, you know you want that new amd 7990 monster, rapes that card listed above, but so does the 780ti

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

People still play wow, you can use gt 9800 for wow, hell a comodore 64 could run wow, well not really XD

But, hmm. wow i don't know what to say.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Im sure if you had 2 9800 gt's, one can offload physics, and the other could process the grfx pipeline, given you have reasonable cpu.

Pandamonium bamboo sticks.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Wow that game just amazes me, you should just move to guild wars 2. that card deserves to see beauty, not um pandamonium. (had to google it) didn't know what pandaria.was.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

You must be loaded to spend money on pc for wow. someone i know loves playing eve on notebook and i can't understand it.

I was in lunch room at work one day, (and there he was on eve.) i asked him: how can you play eve on notebook.

And then he told me to ???? off.

logainofhades

Titan
This pc is made up of many refurb, sales, and used deals and was something that happened over time. I didn't build it all at once. My PSU is 5+ years old from previous build, I have had the 3570k for 2yrs almost. I bought the case refurb a year ago, the drives are left overs from previous build as well. I bought the GPU from a friend cheap too. His went bad and he had to RMA it, so I bought the returned RMA card, since he didn't need it after buying an R9 290x. :lol: I paid $230 for a then $350 card. :D I am a cheapskate.

Status
Not open for further replies.