GeForce2 MX 400

G

I have a geforce 2MX 400 from Gigabyte and I'm trying to install it on a M6TBA ver 1.3 motherboard from Biostar. Award Bios Version 4.51. The manual for the board says only "AGP" and not "2x" or "4x". Their website doesn't list anything but "AGP", even on their brand new motherboards, and they arent interested in answering my e-mails. I believe its an AGPx2. I can load windows XP in safe mode up to the driver "AGP440.sys". Can this board run the card??? If so how??

stephen_c

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
I have had loads of problems trying to get a geforce 2 mx 400 to work on my PC. It says its supports 1x, 2x and 4x agp. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I took it back to the shop and told them to get it workin for me, sadly , this left me with a £100 bill ($155 of your green money)and a crappy old TNT 32 mb with tv out that cost £62 apperently because theyre now rare and hard to find!(Lol- maybe I'll auction my "rare" Voodoo2 for a couple of grand) (I didnt even want TV out) what a rip off!!!!!!!!

Gradual movement of mouse over to "My Computer". Tension building...Double click...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it is AGP2x and can support ALL AGP video cards, including the MX400 and even the Ti4600! AGP4x cards also run at 2x, and the performance difference is rather small.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Ok.....i figured it should work...but still no luck. I had an AGP card before (voodoo 3) and XP totally freezes on startup. In safe mode it also locks up, this time at the driver "AGP440.sys" Any ideas???

G

I've loaded the drivers first, unloaded teh existing drivers. I've tried all kinds of sequences. Still no luck. I get stuck in safe mode at the "AGP440.sys" driver.