Get Your Wallet Ready, Amazon Prime Day Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon is selling the rift for $399 as well! (I paid $699 for the same setup.)
It's a great time to buy a Rift if you've been on the fence.
(I think people will think it was worth the price just for Robo Recall [play it standing with a playspace] not to mention the AAA games [and remake/adaptations] coming soon.)

blackbit75

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
At Europe we can buy Oculus Rift & their joysticks for 450€. 200 less euros for the hardware :)
It is a pity I don't have money to buy it, but it is a fantastic moment to buy it.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Sheesh... did Amazon send new cars or free superbowl tickets to all the media organizations in the US? This non-news has been spammed everywhere for the last two weeks How is it news, does ANYONE actually care? I have amazon prime and I know I don't care... this is just another company advertising a big sale that's almost certainly smoke and mirrors like "Black Friday deals" (as in... we'll mark it up 50% so we can later mark it down 40% and tell you you're getting a smoking deal!)

"smoke and mirrors like 'Black Friday deals'"
I have to disagree. I've seen stuff marked at the same price all year then suddenly on black friday it's 20% off. Apparently you've never spent a year pricing the same item repeatedly to see it finally go on sale on Black Friday. There are some REAL deals to be had but you have to do your research and figure out what's a deal and what is total BS.
Total BS items:
Anything that doesn't have a universal fixed price like blue jeans for example.
The $150 jeans that were marked down to $75 are still not worth $75.
The Playstation 4 that was $299 all year and now is $249... (How can you claim something like that is smoke and mirrors? That's just ignorant.)

dstarr3

Distinguished
Use a site like camelcamelcamel.com to track Amazon price history. Why the site is named that, I have no idea. But it's useful for figuring out if the deal you're seeing is actually worth buying, or if an equal or better discount will pop up in another couple weeks.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Probably referring to a graph that looks like the silhouette of multiple camel humps, for those prices which oscillate a lot.

I've heard about certain timing tricks and noticed some patterns to when Amazon marks things up and down. It's cool if there's a site devoted to divining these patterns.

P.S. I'm not talking about marketplace sellers, which obviously play their own pricing games/algorithms.

Apr 6, 2016
I don't buy from or trust marketplace sellers. And I use amazon business. You can only get an account if you are a legit business. You need a TIN.

And don't try any funny biz with a fake #. They verify with the state and it can be instant or take 1 or more days.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Happened to be looking for a new pair of work shoes on Amazon day and the pair I most wanted had 30% off applied at checkout thanks to Prime Day. Luck was on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.