[SOLVED] Getting 10 FPS In Game - Var & Ping Off The Charts - CSGO Lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2020
I recently purchased a new laptop. Right off the bat, I am not a gamer but do enjoy occasional CSGO with my friends. Recently purchased a new laptop. 10th Gen i5 1035G1, MX230 2 GB graphics, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, Win 10. The laptop works smooth until it comes to gaming. I have tried everything. Changed everything and then went back and changed everything back to default, just short of resetting Windows. I still get 9-12 FPS in game and that sucks because I get killed awfully fast.

Here's what's on.
  • I have my Graphic Settings set to high in Windows.
  • All, ALL MY IN GAME VIDEO SETTINGS, are either disabled or set to lowest except multicore rendering.
  • I don't use anything in the background while playing CSGO, keep everything off just in case.
  • My internet speed is fine, tested two different locations approximately 500 km apart.
  • No, I have not tried any other games on the laptop, Valve or Non Valve. I welcome any and all suggestions. Screenshots here.

Also, my friend with similar specs but outdated hardware comparatively say 8th Gen instead of 10th runs the same game without any issues while I can't. He tried helping but we reached nowhere. Screenshots here.

Solution
I mean I can try loading it on the SSD, it would give me better load time - I knew that bit - but can possibly increase in game FPS is new to me. And no, I have not tried dedicating more mem to help the GPU. Isn't that required when one is using standalone integrated graphics? I do have a dedicated GPU.

The issue you have is the very low gpu ram of 2 gig and it isnt enough for modern games...so the pc has to hit the hard drive page file constantly for new data to feed the gpu...it slows the game down dramatically. If you can allocate more system memory to the gpu and run the game off a fast ssd it will help reduce the bottleneck created by the low gpu memory. It's not a cure all...but it will help speed things up.
Aug 3, 2020
G1 built in graphics from the processor is very bad. Try all the settings low and off and make sure the charger is plugged in.

Your friends could have better built in graphics or even s dedicated chip for graphics.
All the settings with the exception of multicore rendering are always low and the charger is always plugged in.

And nah, my friend has the same MX230 with 8th gen i5 and he plays smoothly and this is what has me perplexed.

Make sure the laptop is set to use 100% of it's cpu and gpu power when plugged in...many laptops come configured for maximum battery life and need to be tweaked for max power.

GPU drivers up to date from the nVidia website ?

Motherboard chipset drivers up to date ?

Is the laptop using an SSD ? If it's on a regular HHD the issue may be due to the windows page file...a 2gig video memory buffer will make the game hit the page file a lot so a fast drive is essential.

It may be possible to dedicate more system memory for the gpu to use in the laptop BIOS to help out the small 2gig buffer in the gpu.

Aug 3, 2020
Make sure the laptop is set to use 100% of it's cpu and gpu power when plugged in...many laptops come configured for maximum battery life and need to be tweaked for max power.

GPU drivers up to date from the nVidia website ?

Motherboard chipset drivers up to date ?

Is the laptop using an SSD ? If it's on a regular HHD the issue may be due to the windows page file...a 2gig video memory buffer will make the game hit the page file a lot so a fast drive is essential.

It may be possible to dedicate more system memory for the gpu to use in the laptop BIOS to help out the small 2gig buffer in the gpu.
Your first three points check out. Regarding the SSD thing, I have 512 GB SSD on which I have installed Steam and also have 1 TB HDD on which I installed CSGO. Are you saying I should move them both to SSD?

I would since the load times are going to be an issue with only 2 gig of video memory...the game will be constantly hitting the Windows page file while gaming...being on the SSD will help a lot.

Are you able to dedicate more system memory to help the gpu ?

Aug 3, 2020
I would since the load times are going to be an issue with only 2 gig of video memory...the game will be constantly hitting the Windows page file while gaming...being on the SSD will help a lot.

Are you able to dedicate more system memory to help the gpu ?
I mean I can try loading it on the SSD, it would give me better load time - I knew that bit - but can possibly increase in game FPS is new to me. And no, I have not tried dedicating more mem to help the GPU. Isn't that required when one is using standalone integrated graphics? I do have a dedicated GPU.

The issue you have is the very low gpu ram of 2 gig and it isnt enough for modern games...so the pc has to hit the hard drive page file constantly for new data to feed the gpu...it slows the game down dramatically. If you can allocate more system memory to the gpu and run the game off a fast ssd it will help reduce the bottleneck created by the low gpu memory. It's not a cure all...but it will help speed things up.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS