Question Getting eero network and my hardwired machines to talk (Verizon Fios)

Aug 6, 2022
I got a eero mesh system last week. After setup everything wireless in my house appears to be working just fine. The problem is I have several hardwired computers which no longer talk to the wireless printer. I have Verizon FIOS for my ISP and they use a 192.168.1.x network and the eero uses a 192.168.4.x network. Some of those devices that are not working are plugged directly into the FIOS router and thus bypassing the eero network. I used to know how to do a route add networks like this together but haven't done that in 15 years. Any simple solutions out there?

Short answer is you need to redesign your network to only have 1 router.

I assume you put the printer on the eero network. This is the same problem as if you asked how do I print to my printer from the internet. From the viewpoint of the eero router your other network is the internet. There might be a method of port forwarding you can make work.

Can you move the printer to the verizon router at least it would solve that and other device on the eero network could print to the printer using the IP address on the verizon part of the network.